Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 09:04:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bus Owner of a used bus!!  (Read 2543 times)
bowmaga
Betty Owner 1

Super Betty

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:33:58 AM »

Hi, guys.

I am a new bus owner and have a lot to learn, and have learned a lot already from just reading your posts.  I live in northwest Ohio, and actually 3 of my friends and myself purchased this bus to replace are skoolie that we enjoyed and had a lot of fun with.  We bought a 1979 MCI MC9 from a limo company and plan on renovating it into a masterpiece.  She needs some work, but we're ready.  I'm sure i will have thousands of questions, and hope you guys can help us out with your knowledge.  We don't travel the great U.S.A., but we attend a few Nascar races, Country Concert in Fort Laromie, a football game or two and usually a Buffet concert if we can fit it in.  I look forward to your advice, comments and opinions. 

Greg Bowman
1979 MCI MC9
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 06:40:01 AM »

Welcome!!! If you are looking for advice and opinions you sure came to the right place Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:55:50 AM »

Welcome to our madness and the busnut family.  As you've already been readng posts, you already know what a great resource it is.  Ask away and keep us posted on how it's coming along.
BusMom

1978 GM4905A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 06:59:06 AM »

Welcome Greg!  You have now been infected with he Bus Nut Virus.  It is highly contagious but in my case extremely fun and fulfilling.  You will have days (maybe even weeks) when you will wonder what the heck you got yourself into.  Of course there will be other days (especially when you have the bus out on the road) that you will thank your lucky stars for your bus and all the fun you will have.  Have fun and ask lots of questions.  This board is filled with helpful people that have answers to most of your questions.   Grin

Amy Riley
Norman (Oklahoma City Area), Oklahoma
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:13:35 AM »

Sounds like you guys have too much fun! Grin  Fire away with questions!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:26:42 AM »

All these guys can tell you what you SHOULD do..........I can tell you what you should Not do.

We all work together. Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:28:30 AM by chazwood » Logged

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
Sojourner

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 07:28:13 AM »

Welcome to the bus madness!

“If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” Thomas Alva Edison

Have fun!

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:26:40 AM »

Hi Greg,

Welcome!

You surely came to the right place.

Lots of luck to you and your friends on the Make over!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
bowmaga
Betty Owner 1

Super Betty

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 01:03:10 PM »

Thanks everyone.  As you can imagine are bus isn't in perfect face.  We have an allison ht 740 tranny in it and are going to have to replace the transmission pan.  It seems the previous owner, somehow managed to bottom her out.  anyone know how much a pan for a 740 cost to replace.  Other than that, we hope to get her home next week, get her gutted and then begin the fun stuff.  If anyone has an MC9 and has spare parts just laying around....we'll take them.  It aslo seems we have issues with the speedometer and i'll keep you posted with plenty of questions on that.

Greg Bowman
1979 MCI MC9
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 06:00:51 PM »

If you have been reading previous posts, you must have seen the advice to get a service manual and a parts book for your bus. It is almost impossible to do any serious work without those two books.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

Greg,

Welcome,  Im my humble opinion the "BUS" is some of the best money I ever spent....

You will find a wealth of Opinions, Talent and Ideas on this BBS.

No question will not find an answer, and try the search for some great previous questions and answers.

Best of Luck on Your project

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »

Welcome, Greg, to the world of insanity and the largest collection of masochists the planet has ever known.

I doubt there's a person on this Board who cannot recall the emotions you've experienced with this purchase.
You're in Man!  A member of the most unique groups known to man.

Welcome aboard!

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »

Welcome, Greg, to the world of insanity and the largest collection of masochists the planet has ever known.

I doubt there's a person on this Board who cannot recall the emotions you've experienced with this purchase.
You're in Man!  A member of the most unique groups known to man.

Welcome aboard!

NCbob
Wow, we're unique?  Grin Grin

Sojourner

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »

Might add....anytime you want to get quicker & straight answers, try to include a picture or two of the subject if possible so we can respond with less guess work.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

PS....to add a picture...click on "Additional Options...", browse for your picture's file and left click on it and post.
Dreamscape

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »

Hello Greg,

Welcome to our little corner of the world, of which you are now a proud member and owner!

As others have said, ask questions and you will get numerous answers.

There is lots of help here and you don't even have to pay for it!

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: