Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Listed my Bus on e-bay  (Read 8487 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »

Bill,

Good Luck on your sale!

Your ad looks very good....

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 05:57:58 AM »

I sure hope you get LOTS for it!  The same fate may await my MC-8... once it's finished, of course.  Hopefully, by the time I get it ready to sell, I won't want to.  At any rate, it looks good!

David
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »

For those watching my bus on e-bay, it sure doesn't look good.

Any thoughts?

Bill
Tampa Bay

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dreamscape

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »

Hi Bill,

It will be very hard to sell any bus right now. Most people will want a very low priced deal.

I have been watching your ad, be patient, most bidding will go on between bidders in the last few minutes. If it doesn't meet your reserve, wait a few days or weeks then post it again. Or maybe lower your reserve to attract more bidding.

I have seen the same bus or buses on several times. They either give up or just decide other ways to advertise.

It might be hard to get back what you have into it.

Good Luck, I'm pulling for you!

Paul
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 06:22:12 PM »

Ouch! Bad time to sell a bus, and the caboose is nowhere in sight on this train. Cry

Gas, match, insurance. Lips Sealed

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
bowmaga
Betty Owner 1

Super Betty

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »

I will trade you....I'll take your bus, then you can sell my bus, which will be your bus, on ebay much cheaper than what you want for your bus....which is now my bus.  I'll drive it to you for the trade!

Greg Bowman
1979 MCI MC9
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 09:17:55 AM »

Bill, you just never know...if there is someone out there that wants it bad...you will never know untill the last few seconds.  I trust you put a reserve on it you can live with?
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »

Anytime I bid on something on eBay, I use a program such as this:

http://www.powersnipe.com/

I determine in advance the maximum that I want to pay for something and then enter my bid. No other bidder sees it and do not know that I am bidding. I can increase my bid at anytime during the auction if I decide to go higher.

In the last few seconds of the auction my bid will then be submitted at the proper amount above the last bidder, unless the last on line bidder has bid above my maximum amount. Due to the timing it is impossible for another bidder to outbid me.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »

Since there are dozens of sniping programs and hundreds of people using each one, I fail to see how they can guarantee anything. Just put in your maximum bid and they will send you an email if you are the high bidder at the end.

The big problem with ebay is that at the time the auction ends there should be X amount of time with no bids (just like a live auction) before the item sells. That would eliminate all this sniping and be fairer to both the buyer and seller.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 10:21:29 AM »

Stan, what they do is eliminate a lot of the tire kicking where someone sees your bid and nickle and dimes it up higher than they probably would have if they did not see your bid.
Plus I like it that no one knows I am bidding on an item.
Jack
PS...looking at the ones I have sniped...the seller and me usually come out feeling good about the transaction.

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »

Stan, on the items I have sniped I have always won the bid. Of course there is no way to know if there were several snipers, but as Jack says, it keeps the nickel and dimers from running the bid even more. Lots of people think that sniping is bad, but for me it means that I do not have to sit on the item right up to closing time.

I strongly suspect that I have saved quite a few dollars and if somebody does not like it I really do not care and neither do I care if it is not fair to other bidders or the seller.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »

I really do not care and neither do I care if it is not fair to other bidders or the seller.

That is real nice dml

in this world we have an obligation to do things fairly and I feel bad for any business you deal with....

Chris
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 12:04:04 PM »

I always wait until the last 30 seconds of an ebay auction to bid.  (If I really want it)  There is no sense in aimlessly bidding up an item.  The objective is to get what you want for the lowest price.  I have won countless items this way.  I do not care about other bidders nor should they care about me.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »

Sniping is frustrating if you are the one who loses but it's perfectly fair game.  Ebay has no problem with it and neither do I, it's just part of that type of auction.
 I decide how much I'm willing to bid as a max and then toss it in in the last few seconds. If I win then great, if I lose then there will always be another item another time and congrats to the guy who won. Just because you snipe doesn't guarantee you win, in the end it's about who is willing to pay the most regardless of the time of the bidding.

As for the bus, I wish mine were in that shape right now. Hard times to sell a bus but best of luck, maybe it'll just take some time. I've had real slow auctions and then I relist and it sells for a nice number the next time.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »

I really do not care and neither do I care if it is not fair to other bidders or the seller.

That is real nice dml

in this world we have an obligation to do things fairly and I feel bad for any business you deal with....

Chris

And all is fair in love and war and Business.

Richard
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 01:38:12 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: