Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 02:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Listed my Bus on e-bay  (Read 8461 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »

3 out of 1800 so far.

I would wager the number is less than 10% of the nuts on this board

would also be interested to see of the board members who how many have built thier own
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2008, 02:34:46 PM »

Well make it 4 out of 1800. The only 2 things I paid to have done were the basement dug and the carpet laid. Built my own front door, fireplace doors, sprial stairway, wood boiler...  My 2nd house and rebuilt a few others also. And after 5 years on my bus I am still having fun working on it.  NO thanks to buying one already done. Mine will get done.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2008, 04:29:10 PM »

5 out of 1,800, Dianne designed and had it built to her wishes!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2008, 05:15:05 PM »

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »

now don;t skew the figures.

I am talking designing and building......entirely....sitting down with an architect or builder does not count, nor does any partial building. save slab and foundation and perhaps some finishing stuff like carpet.....

cusious though why a guy who can build an entire hose would outsource his carpet install
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »

I would think that hiring an architect and or doing partial buildings should count.  Its still a lot of work either way, and certainly independant as well.  Those of us that live in California, especailly in a large metropolitan area simply cannot get away with  changing anything without 15 copies of detailed building plans that have been approved (read paid permit fees), and had a snooper scope stuck up (our building). 

I think it should be allowable, probably commendable to emply such folks.   We are no less independent

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2008, 05:53:18 PM »

Chaz, missed you last post about my comment on tastes. they were not taken as a flame BUT

ignore them if you don't like them.

same thing goes for the overly sensative eagle folks.   Grin

I'll stop posting my opinions on buses when others stop posting polical items, and other NON related things........at least mine are on topic.

other stuff I think is in bad taste:

Overuse of mirrors in conversion, I know it is to make them feel bigger but overuse is just taking IMHO

Visors on buses, the external type

exposed stacks on buses

shag on the dash

Eagle caps on GM's

R&M fiberglass tailgates

Painted fenders. I even own one with them...hate it.

to name but a few.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2008, 06:00:46 PM »

I get the feeling someone is jealous of other people's ability.  Shocked

Maybe they are intolerant of other people's different points of view.

Maybe they are so closeminded they can't see the joy others have.

As for me, I don't have to like or enjoy someone's hobby in order to support them or be happy that they have found something they enjoy.

I don't like playing golf, much less watching it on TV. BUT, if a friend really enjoys it, then it is fun to experience their enthusiasm while watching a game - well, maybe part of a game.  Grin

As for those that designed, built, or remodeled their own house, I'd be surprised if the number was less than 900 out of the 1800.

BTW, around here, the carpet install is so cheap that it makes no sense to do it myself.

bird, your requirement that they must do it all themselves is plain silly. Just how many bus converters designed & built the bus they are converting?
It seems to me, by your reasoning, if you pay a mechanic to repower your conversion you then have a professional conversion.  Cool

You are entitled to your opinion, just don't expect to have many in agreement with you on this topic. You seem to have a rather large fixation on the $$$ involved. We'll all agree that $$ is important, I just don't believe many place it as high on the list as you seem to.

"Lighten up Francis"

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Dreamscape

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION BUT THE JOURNEY
It's amazing that without people converting buses, we would not have much of a Bus Conversions Bulletin Board!

At least we are helping the economy!  Grin

Happy Trails,

Paul
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 06:16:41 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 06:30:25 PM »

Right on the money Kyle. The man just doesn't see things in the same light. That's ok......we are all different. It's just a shame he feels a need to try to get everyone to think like him.
ignore them if you don't like them.
I would certainly like to invite you to do the same. Seriously.

I'll stop posting my opinions on buses when others stop posting polical items, and other NON related things........at least mine are on topic.
That's justification?? Come on......you're kiddin, right?

I just have to agree with Kyle yet again.
I get the feeling someone is jealous of other people's ability. 

Maybe they are intolerant of other people's different points of view.

Maybe they are so closeminded they can't see the joy others have.

I think you might need to get out a little more. It is pretty nice out here.

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2008, 04:16:02 AM »

Teke, I had my carpet installed because I do not like doing the seams. My liviving room and dining room are together with a fireplace in the center, a long trafic are seam. I cut and skided my own trees and had them sawed 7 tri axle loads. I designed the house ourselfs my wife and I. Laid the blocks and stone work. Some just like to do their own work. This may not pay ( I might be farther ahead to work at my job and hire more done ) but this is what I enjoy. I also built a large pond, rented a dozer and later bought one and a pan to make it bigger. 22 years and it still standing.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 04:59:08 AM »

I didn't design my home but I spent several years looking for the one I wanted, its a passive solar home 1,200 sq feet of external glass, while working 50 hours a week it took me a year and a half to build my home!  I didn't drill the well for the heating system, and I didn't lay the carpet, I cut 17 trees down to clear the land, moved a trailer from the center of the property, remodeled it and lived in it while building this one!  Teke its difficult to grasp who and what people really are on the internet, for sure we are all different, it sure would be boring as hell if we were all the same! For those silly Eagle folks, in my opinion there isn't anything better looking than the site of a Eagle that is well taken care of coming down a sunny country road enjoying the sights!  Life is to short and sweet, take time to enjoy it while your here!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2008, 05:17:56 AM »

Hey,,, I rebuilt a bathroom once,  only took me 9 months,  Roll Eyes does this count  Huh
(after all this was my thread)  LOL

And I'm on the way to trim a couple trees so I can get the bus into the back yard of the house I'm closing on this week. 

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2008, 07:31:04 AM »

Grin
  So now back to you, Bill.  Grin
 What is to become of your coach? How are you going to sell it?
 This thread has definitely taken on a different life of it's own.  Roll Eyes From selling a bus to building your own house. Man....... It's been fun.
 Good luck with the sale. I'd like to see you keep it, but I can understand.
    Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2008, 09:29:54 AM »

Befor I designed my house I gathered the seeds for the trees. This gave me a loooong time to design the house. I also raised the sheep and designed and built my own loom to make the carpets Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: