Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:36:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Listed my Bus on e-bay  (Read 8498 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »

Chaz,

Thank you for asking..... Cheesy   As I said, I'm closing on a house in Gulfport area of St. Petersburg, Florida.  The house was purchase at auction and needs a little fixing up.   I can fit the MCI into the backyard through the alley.  Yes, it will be a tight fit. Going to have to trim back a couple trees.   Not sure about gettting it out,   Huh   But, hey, worry about that, when the time comes.

Anyways,  going to live in the bus,(again) till the house is done.  Meanwhile I'll list it a couple other places on the world wide web.  Speaking of the WWW.  Did you see that AT&T says the internet will be full by 2010.   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Again, Chaz, and Skip, thanks for asking.......LOL

Bill
Tampa Bay

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 10:03:20 AM »

Befor I designed my house I gathered the seeds for the trees. This gave me a loooong time to design the house. I also raised the sheep and designed and built my own loom to make the carpets Grin
Now THAT is funny, I don't care who you are!
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »

Befor I designed my house I gathered the seeds for the trees. This gave me a loooong time to design the house. I also raised the sheep and designed and built my own loom to make the carpets Grin

Now will you come help me clean the spray off the monitor from when I read your post?   Grin Cheesy Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2008, 06:04:42 AM »

Bill, Did you try a free ad in BNO?  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »

www.sellabus.com.............set price for run intil it sells
www.gmbusguy................ only gets money if it sells through him
BNO................................Free, but low traffic.

there are also a number of other broker type sites which take a % of the sale price
Dreamscape

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »

Bill,

You might try the approach like some real estate folk have done. Give something away with it, new flat screen, a couple of tanks of fuel.

FWIW,

Paul
captain ron

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »

You better watch giving away a couple tanks of fuel, it might cost more than the bus by the time it sells  Huh
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2008, 11:09:08 AM »

KW,

This has been a great post.  I know you didn't do it all and had other intensions....still, you started it Grin

I have read all six pages so far(and counting) and I have been informed and amused even more than usual.  Thank you all.

TomY.....I have looked into building a "spiral staircase" and was shocked at the amt of detail and all the things I would need to get it right the first time.  I concluded I could not do it myself and the cost was so high to have it done that I have resigned myself to never ever having one of those.  I'm talking railing and posts all in hard wood.  I envy your talent and skills at this...I think it is a real achievement and you slipped it into a post with little real notice. 

Now for balance....I noted that GUS hasn't contributed Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin    Yet!  He may be suffering from apoplexy at this point...can anyone check on him? Cheesy Grin Grin Grin  Inside joke Guys. Wink  Sorry, couldn't resist.  Huh

Ever in awe of Yous Guys. Smiley

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »

John, Actually mine is simple. I used spindles from an old fire escape I took down. I have a old pipe with rust pits in it, welded treads from angle iron and put plywood in. And the railing is a made from a chain with the links welded together. I didn't want to try bending a pipe around. Painted flat black for a rustic look and  the treads are carpeted.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: