Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 10:39:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $5.40 per gallon this morning  (Read 3276 times)
Kevin Warnock

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »

I am not sure that fuel prices will never go down. I remember in the 80s prices were super high, around $2/gallon. Adjusted for inflation, that price is not that far off from today's prices. But then inflation adjusted prices declined dramatically and stayed relatively low for over a decade. Let's hope the same thing happens this time. It just might if the economies of the world fall apart. Look how the Chinese stock market has dropped by over 50% in the last year. I predict five years from how fuel will be less costly on an inflation adjusted basis than today. Much of our perception in the US of high fuel prices is related to the substantial drop in the US dollar. When that is reversed, fuel prices here will appear to decline, given no other changes.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »

"Much of our perception in the US of high fuel prices is related to the substantial drop in the US dollar. When that is reversed, fuel prices here will appear to decline, given no other changes."

No...my perception is that in the past few months diesel has gone up over $1.00 a galllon.

You folks, keep bying the crap the oil companies and politicians and news papers are spewing out if you want too...I say we are getting hosed real good!
And don't go complaining to the oil companies...they threaten to sue you!  (I know!)
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »

Well we each have to deal with it in our own way.

I love to travel, I have a 35 ft avion travel trailer but the wife does not like the twin beds in it.  I still need a better truck to pull it.  So we talked about buying a nice pickup $10,000 + and trading the trailer would take and extra $3,000.  We did not have the cash so we would have had to make payments, $300.00 + a month

then I was looking for a genset to power the house the power was out here and I found one in a bus for $3,500.  We were able to pay cash for it, now we have a bus and I am getting to learn a lot from it.  If it gets 10 mpg that is not too much different from what a pickup might get pulling a 35 ft trailer.  then if I just drove the car I would have stay in a motel some where (I HATE THEM).  I don't care to eat out all the time so I figure in the long run if I am going to go it is going to cost.  So I chouse to go this way until I can aford to do differently.  I hope to enjoy what evey I can aford to do I hope eveyone else can do the same.

Thanks for all the help you guys have been in my work on getting this one running.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »

Buses only get 10 MPG when they are for sale Grin

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »

Because we use our bus for our home and are retired, we can justify the high fuel prices. But even now, we are reconsidering where we want to go next based on how much it will cost. Sad, but even at $10/gal we'll still be buying fuel. Just couldn't imagine not calling this old girl home any more, even if moves fewer miles each year.  Cry Cry Cry FWIW This topic is depressing,  Sad

NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »

This country has gone to war for less at stake. Its National Security time or we are done for. If I lived in Iran right now I would know my number was up. I'd be trying to save my life by giving away oil. Venezuela too.... This country better not/won"t go down without a BIG fight. I guess Obama knows that we still hang traitors....

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 09:05:16 PM »

'Thats an Imperial gallon!!! Has about an xtra quart in it. Canada is a major oil exporter!!! The Canadian people are really getting ripped, They should topple thier goverment, or better yet we should invade them. They export most of there oil to the US. If they quit exporting it they would be paying 20 cents a gal."

You may be right about the Canadian people getting ripped. But the price of fuel is governed smewhat by  NAFTA which stipulates that oil has to be sold to the US at the same price as in Canada.(taxes account for the difference). Intersting that both Hillary Beast and Obama want to re-negotiate NAFTA or scarp it. MANY Canadians also want to re-negotiate NAFTA because they(we) realize that the US is getting our oil far to cheap. Canada is the biggest supplier of oil to the US and with the oil sands coming on stream Canada also has the worlds largest supply of oil.
So while we will not likley quit exportingf our oil is is quite possible we MIGHT be pasying 20 cents a gallon someday.

Incidently a US gallon is equivalant to 4 Litres while an imperial gallon equal 5 litres. We currently pay 1.33 cdn per litre in Vancouver.(1 US dollar equal 1 Cnd dollar)

Fred Mc.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: