Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 03:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Performance in Bakersfield, Ca  (Read 939 times)
TomC

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:10:17 AM »

If you're in Bakersfield, Ca tomorrow, come see me sing with 100 other men with the Masters of Harmony (6 time gold medal winners) barbershop chorus.  It is always a fun concert, with a couple of quartets singing also.  We'll be singing at the Fox theater in the downtown district at 2001 H street at 2pm.  If you're there, look for me on the right side on the top row three men in from the front with glasses on-you know the big ugly guy!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dreamscape

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:26:01 AM »

Have fun TomC.

I sang barbershop in high school many years ago and have always wanted to do it again. It's fun and the harmony you can't beat.

When you see a bunch of men singing it is very powerful.

Have a great time,

Paul
captain ron

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:25 AM »

I hope you let Songman and Don Fairchild know. 

You better be good or they'll throw you out onto "The Streets Of Bakersfield"
Songman

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:40:25 PM »

Tom, I wish we could make it. My wife and daughter have informed me that if our new boat is not in the water this weekend that I will be disowned!

Have a great night! The Fox is a great venue.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »

Tom,
Is the Fox Theater part of the performing arts center there?  It has a nice fountain out front as I recall.  That is where my group "Three Men and a Tenor" did a show 2 years ago (I think!)  It was a great experience!

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »

Bakersfield is my old home town.  Such a pretty city.  Been to the Fox many times.  Just down the street from the downtown firehouse where I used to work long ago.  Sorry I can't be there to howl at all the good voices.  Have fun, act goofy and be young again.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: