Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:42:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean front campgrounds  (Read 4157 times)
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:35:45 PM »

We are looking for oceanfront campgrounds in NJ, Delaware, Maryland area. We really like Oceanlakes in Myrtle Beach but the rising fuel cost may make us reconsider if we could find a comparable campground closer. Appreciate any Idea's Thanks Jason.

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:13:41 PM »

Jason, I wish you were on the west coast. We have a beautiful FHU site right behind the foredune on the Pacific Ocean that we could put you in and even give you a small reimbursement just for opening and closing a gate and cleaning restrooms daily. Shocked Sound good to anyone on the West coast? Contact me for more details if interested.  Grin Thanks, Will

captain ron

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »

I'm near the ocean in that area now and there are several ocean side campgrounds from Rehoebeth Beach De. down to Ocean City Md. I will be going for a Motorcycle ride down through there tomorrow and will get names and info for you. Are you looking for a permanent spot or just something for occasional use? Where are you located?
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:18 PM »

Hi Charlie we are located in northwestern Pa we go 1 - 2 times a year for a week at a time. Thanks Jason

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 04:50:50 AM »

This was the view from my window the first time I camped in my bus. I just parked in the car park of a lifeboat station for a week and was amazed no one told me to move. I was tin tenting with no facilities, whereas my friends paid lots of money to rent a nice house in the centre of town - but I think I know who got a better deal.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 05:07:30 PM »

Jason,
I know you would prefer a waterfront site; so would I.  However, they seem to be hard to come by.  I do enjoy the Holiday Travel Park in Virginia Beach.  They are about a five minute drive from the ocean front.  You can park in their off site lot that's a block off the beach and walk, or you can ride their shuttle bus with your cooler and beach chairs and get off right at the boardwalk.  The vendors also will rent you an umbrella and chair. 

That being said, my favorite spot, is on the "Eastern Shore".  It's Cherrystone Campground at Cheriton, VA.  You can rent a site that's about 50 or 60 yards off the beach.  You're on the eastern side of the Chesapeake Bay; thus you can watch the sunsets.  The bay is shallow for about a mile or so from the shore; you can clam, flounder fish, or go out in the bay on their headboat.  They have three small fishing piers on site. It's a nice campground.

Hopes this helps; keep us posted.  If anyone knows about others near the beach on the east coast, I would like to know about them too.

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
captain ron

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »

Tell me more about the "Head Boat"  Grin
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 05:45:21 PM »

"Head boat" is their term for what we called a "party boat" when I was a kid, probly 'bout a hunnert years ago.  You pay a fee per head, or person, go out for a half day or so, with about 12 or 15 other fools, and a bait boy baits your hook, takes off the fish you catch, (small pan fish, typically) and works for tips.  The boat furnishes bait, gear, etc.  You take yourself and your snacks and refreshments.  Lotta fun, but not exactly sport fishing like on a tuna boat.  They also rent fishing boats with outboard motors at the bait and tackle shop on site.

Dennis 

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »

Hi Jason,

There is nothing in southern Jersey on the ocean.

There is a great Resort on Virginia's eastern shore that is on the Chesapeake bay called Cherry Stone.

It's a nice place for fishing with 5 piers out into the bay and accommodates big rigs. They also have many sites on the water with awsome sunsets.

http://www.cherrystoneva.com/

Located on Rt 13, about 10 miles north of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Beautiful drive down there too.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »

We really like Oceanlakes in Myrtle Beach but the rising fuel cost may make us reconsider if we could find a comparable campground closer. Appreciate any Idea's Thanks Jason.

I don't think you can find a campground ANYWHERE that will compare to Oceam Lakes.. Smiley I've been staying there for 20 years and have never seen anything close...at least on the East Coast.. It is actually a small town with its on Post Office, Grocery Store, a couple Laundrymats, and anything else you would need. I say spend the money for fuel and ENJOY your time on the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand.... I wonder if this will stir up any Lakewood Campground fans?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:24:51 AM by jlink » Logged

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
captain ron

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 06:42:40 AM »

and a bait boy baits your hook,
Dennis 

I'm sure after years at this job the "Baiter" becomes a "Master Baiter"
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 10:04:03 AM »

Check out Assateague State Park (near Ocean City, MD)... the web site is http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/eastern/assateague.html

Lots of sites with no hookups, but they do have a section with electric (no sewer, IIRC, and not sure about water).
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »

Hi,

If you like water front, I almost forgot about the place that I took the photo of my bus in that's in my profile.

Island Resort Campground in Newark M.D. it's about 10 miles from Ocean City M.D.

http://www.islandresort.org/

Every site is a Big Rig site [40x90'] and most of the sites are on the lake.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: