Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 09:26:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: Honda EU3000i Generator  (Read 1010 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with this Honda genset?  Or it's smaller brother, the EU2000i?

I'd like to install one of these in the small cargo trailer I use with my business.  I don't need a lot of kW for the intended use, so either one would work.

Input appreciated.  Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 09:17:58 PM »

I saw one of the 2000 watt units running the other day. It was hooked up to a safety shoe truck at work. It was just sitting on the parking lot. When I walked by, I could just barely hear it. It was really quite. I was very impressed with the lack of noise.

Have no idea how it performs, though.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 04:55:00 AM »

I have been thinking about buying either a 2000 or 3000. I think it would work well when just a little power is needed for tv and such, I would not have to run the 15Kw, and I would not have to charge the batteries, They run cheap the only draw back that I can see is having to carry gas. Also I would have it for other power then the bus when needed.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

I had 2 EU2000i generators for 2 years for my bus, I could run 1 or had a parrell cord to run 2 for 4000 watts. I cannot say anything bad about them! My close friend bought one for his camper, he is very happy with it.  One 2000i is not suppose to be able to start a roof air, but will start and run 1  13K roof air! They are also quiet.  The 3000 has electric start which would be nice, you can also buy a parrell cord to run both for 6000watts. Youcan also make your own cord.
 The thing that irks me is why can't we make this good a product in this country. They are very well thought out, designed and made. I recently replaced the 2000i's with a Honda RV style genset. I really hate to keep  promoting Jap products, but there are no options.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 03:30:20 PM »

My buddy has two like Jim had..

Loves thems and Quiet.....

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »

Thanks everyone for your comments, they are appreciated.

Between the intial post and today, I found a used EU2000i on our local craigslist, am going to check it out tomorrow.

This is going in a small cargo trailer, primarily for the use of some small power tools - nothing fancy.

Thanks again for the input!   Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »

I almost bought one last year, just to have around the house.  They run very quiet and are extremely efficient.  I agree with a previous post, too bad we can't apply our American ingenuity to building a neat little generator like that...

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: