Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 03:19:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4104 being parted out  (Read 702 times)
WEC4104

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »

This past weekend a fellow busnut was gracious enough to let our Boy Scout troop camp on his land. He lives in Gettysburg, and we camped there two nights while our boys toured the battlefields.

While I was there, he showed me his GMC 4104.  He purchased it a few years back with the intention of getting it roadworthy and redoing the interior conversion work.  He has had some people look at it and offer advice, and he is now thinking that the condition of it does not justify the investment he would have to make to get it where he wants it to be.  In short, he is deciding to part it out, before having it towed away.  (Tekebird will know who I am talking about)

My friend (Paul) does not frequent the bus boards / forums much, so I thought I'd let everyone know about this.  I have zero financial interest in this, and I think Paul will be reasonable in what he is asking for items.  I realize this walks a line very close to the board rules about posting items for sale, but I thought it would be a waste not to let people know about this.

The bus is currently stored in a barn. Paul tells me the 6-71 engine runs.  Some of the really tough to find items are already spoken for, such as upper corner marker light lens, and the GMC breastplate emblem.  Also, the rear center window is cracked.   But there looks to be lots of useable parts left.

I am hesitant to post his name and phone number, but I have it for anyone who contacts me.   

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »

Yeah Paul is a very nice guy.....and most of the good stuff has been spoken for......but there is a fair amount of stuff left.

I think a fair offer would land someone a good running drivetrain.

Pretty cool spot to have as a Boyscout campsite........when I was down he mentioned someone busnut wise was coming down with some scouts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: