Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 07:39:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WVO filtering system  (Read 1787 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: April 22, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »

A while back someone posted a link to their web site which had photos and an article about their WVO filtering system. The system had a pump, centrifuge and misc other parts. Also had a 55 gallon barrel in the photo. I tried a SEARCH, but came up empty. I am presently visiting a fellow busnut in NC who is interested in doing this. He recently got a deal with a local restaurant, 10 gallons of WVO twice a week. Thanks in advance, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »

Jack,

Go to "YAHOO GROUPS" and search for "biodiesel".  That is the name of a group that is a superb source for the king of info you are looking for.  Also "SVO" Straight Vegitable Oil is another excellent group and they deal only with unprocessed WVO or SVO.

A company that makes the item you are looking for is Diesel Craft.  $200 for the filter alone.  You pressurize the oil you are filtering and send that to the filter.  The pressure is the power that turns the centrifuge and does the filtering.  It will filter down to .5 microns AND get the all suspended water out of the oil.  Mech filters only get "a lot" of the water out.  Water means you will breed algee and the injestors don't like the water either.

Another is Spinner II.

You can use a power steering pump and an AC motor to power the CF.

The CF gets cleaned out with a paper towel and reused indefinately with no degrad in performance.

The "hotter" you get the oil before spinning, the better the thing will work.

Really dry veg stored in a opaque container will last a long time....but not a year. 

You engine needs to get its WVO from a seperate tank and you need to warm you engine before switching to WVO and you need to run the WVO out of the system by switching to Diesel before shutting down.  You need to heat the WVO before it gets used by the engine.

You need a seperate WVO filter that bypasses the diesel filter and you need to carry "a few" clean filters.  NO MATTER HOW WELL you filter the stuff.  Consider mixing some diesel into you WVO to thin it out but do not add WVO to your diesel tank.  BOO BAD! Shocked

This subject ust keeps getting more involved the further I read.  It is so very much worth your while to pursue this.  Learn about processing WVO into BioD. 

I am currently installing a WVO system on a friends Ford 250 and I am also putting together a BioD processor.

Good luck, that site I sent you to will answer everything,

John

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »

Jack,
  That may have been me.  Huh Here is the site: http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/groupee
  There is a WEALTH of info there. Great site and good people. There is also a looooooooooong thread there that a guy named Sun Wizard started on CF's. I built one pretty much like his. It will take you about 4.6 years to read the whole thing!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Not really, but there is ALLOT there!!
 If you want to see my "rig", go here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Centrifuge/

Good oilin!!
    Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »

Thanks Chaz, that is what I was looking for.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
captain ron

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »

My filtering system could be up and running by the weekend. Mine is going to be an onboard system. I'm using all Stainless steel fittings and line for everything. Like Chaz said Read that thread and others there's a lot people don't know and will get you in trouble. Good luck
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »

wow that's a really great set up. does it do everything out of that one container??? please do tell. I have a 300 gallon container considering doing something with. I have been toying with the idea that this is possible. please do let me know.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »

I am no longer using my set up (I lost my oil supplier). If you want, contact me and I'd sell you mine.
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »

I ordered a WVO system from Frybrid last April and all I ever got for my $3000+ dollars was excuses.  Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: