Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 06:41:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky post for operating instructions  (Read 3143 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:19:44 PM »

Phil, I would like to initiate a sticky post to give instructions for accomplishing several different things. Although I have posted a couple of things they get lost in the all the other posts.

Something like this would be of great benefit to a newcomer so that they could know what they can do and how to do it. I am sure several others could contribute to this also.

I have a couple of additional items I would like to post but if it is going to get lost, then it is not really worth the effort to generate it.

What do you and others think?

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »

Ya , maybe in the archives - Mci folder, Gm folder, skoolie,  ect?

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 06:25:55 PM »

Hi Richard, what if I moved those helpful hints, tips, tricks to the first sticky post - I just changed the title on that one to add "please read this before posting".

It could be titled something like "Richard's tips and tricks for BBS posting" or somethign similar.. 

Would that work?

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 06:31:39 PM »

In hindsight tho', you may want to change it as you discover new tips.   I do seem to remember a thread where folks were suggesting either a separate area for board tips, or just a general FAQ.   hmmm.  I would definetly like it if we could put your suggestions somewhere obvious.  Maybe put them in the welcome to the board  post for now until we think of a better place?  I'm open to suggestions.

Best Regards - and thanks!  Phil

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 05:34:51 AM »

Hi Richard, what if I moved those helpful hints, tips, tricks to the first sticky post - I just changed the title on that one to add "please read this before posting".

It could be titled something like "Richard's tips and tricks for BBS posting" or somethign similar.. 

Would that work?

Best Regards, Phil

Yes, that is what I was thinking about, but not just Richards tips, anybody's tips for easier board utilization and keep the extrainous clutter our or clean it up occasionally.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 05:37:34 AM »

Would that work?

Best Regards, Phil

Hi Richard - or -  busnut's tips for board use...   Grin

Maybe we can work together via email over the next couple of weeks on this?  Let me know if that will work for you. 

I appreciate the assist.  Best Regards, Phil

Yes, that is what I was thinking about, but not just Richards tips, anybody's tips for easier board utilization and keep the extrainous clutter our or clean it up occasionally.
Richard

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: