Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 02:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: What do you own, home built or professional built?
Built/Building your own - 78 (66.1%)
Professional conversion - 16 (13.6%)
Built by a previous owner - 17 (14.4%)
Want to buiild their own - 4 (3.4%)
Want to buy one finished - 3 (2.5%)
Don't care which - 0 (0%)
Not sure - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Built/Professional Built Bus Conversion Poll  (Read 4436 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »

Now wait just a cotton pickin minute. Let me round up some my boys and we'll show you how REAL flame war is supposed to be!
Aww just kiddin!

BS

ACE,
Behave............. How much time is a cotton pickin minute anyway?

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Blacksheep

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 11:47:16 AM »

Not sure exactly but really all I need is enough time to contact some fellow flamers and get r' done...
Heck maybe just say "BOO" to one guy and watch all heck break loose!  Roflmao Smiley

BS
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »

Speaking of class acts . . . . .  Roll Eyes

There is a difference in discussing an issue VS. posting comments that need to be deleted.

Then there are those who delight in pushing certain 'hot buttons' that are sure to send the 'victim' into orbit.

Let's not forget those who stir the pot. (who? Me?)   Shocked

I suppose it could be argued that being a busnut & acting responsibly are mutually exclusive.  Grin

And for those who have never picked their own cotton, the time spent picking cotton seemed like the longest minutes there were!   Sad

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 12:57:42 PM »

cotton picken minute = New York minute= 60 cotton picken, New York seconds.

There is a great beauty to metaphor.  "Warm as her lips" and "warm is piss" both equal 98.6 degrees.  Yet we would seem to have a preference.

As far as the buses go.  The first was started by the PO and completed by us.  The second was said to be a professional conversion, but was certainly altered since.  We have continued, and will continue, to make alterations.  Come to think of it, it was the same with my first motorhome, a Pace Arrow.  It seems that RV's in general lend themselves to being works-in-progress.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Blacksheep

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »

Speaking of class acts . . . . .  Roll Eyes

There is a difference in discussing an issue VS. posting comments that need to be deleted.

Then there are those who delight in pushing certain 'hot buttons' that are sure to send the 'victim' into orbit.

Let's not forget those who stir the pot. (who? Me?)   Shocked

I suppose it could be argued that being a busnut & acting responsibly are mutually exclusive.  Grin

And for those who have never picked their own cotton, the time spent picking cotton seemed like the longest minutes there were!   Sad

And your point is?    Huh

BS

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »

And your point is?    Huh

BS

My point is usually on top of my head!  Shocked

Discussing different points of view is good.
To stir the pot can be good too, if it helps further the discussion.

However, posting stuff that requires the moderators to intervene is irresponsible.
Posting stuff just to send someone into orbit, well, what's the point? to show others you're a bully?

We all have our moments, just some more than others.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Blacksheep

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »

Maybe I missed something! Didn't see where anyone was being a bully! And as far as the moderators getting involved? Don't they always?  Roll Eyes

By the way, I had the privilege of seeing first hand two of your stable mates! All I can say is, I'm glad I went the route I went!  Grin

BS
cody

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »

I wasn't sure how to vote, I looked and didn't see the early Goodwill designation or the full of sawdust box lol.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »

Maybe I missed something! Didn't see where anyone was being a bully! And as far as the moderators getting involved? Don't they always?  Roll Eyes

BS, you are not the sole subject of all my posts, although you do inspire some.  Grin

I'll bet I'm not the only one who knows who the "BOO" remark was for. Shocked

And of course the moderators got involved to clean things up. Sometimes, that is what it takes to keep things friendly.  Cool
The biggest problem of deleting posts - others can't know what was deleted, & that leads to confusion later.  Undecided

By the way, I had the privilege of seeing first hand two of your stable mates! All I can say is, I'm glad I went the route I went!  Grin
BS

And you're welcome for the privilege.  Grin Cool  I'm happy for you that you're glad with the route you chose.
Believe it or not, I'm not the only one who is happy with the route I'm on. But I am glad there aren't many seeking that route, I wouldn't like to be faced with the futureliner pricing! Grin  I might have to step down to an MCI or (gasp) a Prevost.  Grin  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Tongue  Wink

This busnut community would be awfully booring if everyone thought alike.

On a similar note, not everyone has the same needs or goals, so I wonder what people get out of putting down the path others choose?

So to everyone in this sometimes crazy hobby, I wish you nothing but success & happiness in the path of YOUR choosing.  Grin

Peace out

Dreamscape

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 07:29:16 PM »

90 Total votes thus far.

I know there must be many more out there!

Out of over 1700 members I can only imagine that there must be a lot of bus-less bus-nuts.

Come on folks, vote if you have not done so..............PLEASE............... Grin Grin

Paul
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: