Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 05:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ever used High Pressure A/C & Heat?  (Read 2965 times)
Dallas

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:28 AM »

HA HA HA,  Grin just shows how diverse our group is.  We live out in the country. . .and one of the best things about it is I'm finally away from the neighbor's barking dogs, loud, cussin' kids, cars, cars, cars, etc.  Due to a very tall roof and my tendency to go overboard with insulation, we can't hear ANYTHING in our home, and our bedroom is so remote, we can't hear the phones or the doorbell.  It's so quiet, that, one night when the a/c went down, we tried opening the windows, but couldn't sleep due to all of the noisy crickets, frogs, and coyotes. Angry  hahahah, I'm SERIOUS!  Cheesy

The hubby could sleep through wind and noise in his face, but you want to see ornery?  Make me do the same Angry!  The only drawback is that we also can't hear storms, and often don't know a bad storm has come through until the next morning Shocked.  Larry used to stay up all night keeping various tornados away, now, he doesn't even hear the storms and therefore, just sleeps on through the night.  We do keep the cell phones next to the bed and our family knows to call us on the cell if they need us, so hopefully one of them will keep the tornados away. 

Knowing this, we designed our a/c system with quiet and peace in mind (to me the ideal hvac system does it's job with no one noticing it's even on).  We did the same for the generator, with the exhaust extending up through the roof to dissipate noise and fumes up, up and away.  Christy Hicks

Christy, you can keep tornadoes away by puting up a sign in your yard that says:

Attention Tornadoes:
Mobile Home Park is 5 miles that way
------------------------------------------>>>>>
[/b]

I had that sign in front of my house for 5 years and never had a tornado.
the first year after it got run over with the mower, sure enough,
we had 3.
Everybody knows that tornadoes always goes for trailer parks!

IHTH

Dallas

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 06:49:38 AM »

Maybe we ought to start another thread and quit hijacking this one. LOL
Richard

BTW, My wife and I are both cold freaks also. We always have the heat turned off in our bedroom and sleep all winter with the window up at least 6 inches. We spent a winter in Minnesota a few years ago and it was not uncommon for us to wake up in the morning with snow on the covers and floor. Wierd HUH?

HA HA HA,† Grin just shows how diverse our group is.† We live out in the country. . .and one of the best things about it is I'm finally away from the neighbor's barking dogs, loud, cussin' kids, cars, cars, cars, etc.† Due to a very tall roof and my tendency to go overboard with insulation, we can't hear ANYTHING in our home, and our bedroom is so remote, we can't hear the phones or the doorbell.† It's so quiet, that, one night when the a/c went down, we tried opening the windows, but couldn't sleep due to all of the noisy crickets, frogs, and coyotes. Angry† hahahah, I'm SERIOUS!† Cheesy

The hubby could sleep through wind and noise in his face, but you want to see ornery?† Make me do the same Angry!† The only drawback is that we also can't hear storms, and often don't know a bad storm has come through until the next morning Shocked.† Larry used to stay up all night keeping various tornados away, now, he doesn't even hear the storms and therefore, just sleeps on through the night.† We do keep the cell phones next to the bed and our family knows to call us on the cell if they need us, so hopefully one of them will keep the tornados away.†

Knowing this, we designed our a/c system with quiet and peace in mind (to me the ideal hvac system does it's job with no one noticing it's even on).† We did the same for the generator, with the exhaust extending up through the roof to dissipate noise and fumes up, up and away.† Christy Hicks

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »

well, since we haven't done diddly squat in our 9 lately. . too much work and what little time off has been spent getting the yard in shape or going somewhere in TempBus, I haven't even turned them on this year.  Geeze. . I'm embarrassed. Embarrassed  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: