Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 12:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: going from wilmington nc to flatwoods wv?  (Read 888 times)
4106-123

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:32 AM »

i want to leave tommorrow to drive the bus up to flatwoods wv. looks like we will be going up i64. the bus is a stock 4106 4speed. what can i expect as far as roads? will that be a safe route to take. is there a better route? i want to take the safest route. we will be renting a car when we get up there. thanks!
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:01:02 AM »

Are you speaking of the Flatwoods near Charleston,Wva?There is (2)according to mapquest!
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
4106-123

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »

the one im talking about is near summersville new river gorge area
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 12:18:49 PM »

Ok;
I would take I-40  west to Winston-Salem,and take I-52 to this side of Mt-Airy,and pick up I-77 north to Wytheville. You will want to go I-81 south for a few miles(6-8) and then take the I-77 North ramp.This is the West Virginia Turnpike,you will follow it Past Beckley Wva and get off on #19 north. This should put you close by. That 4106 will handle these hills and curves just fine.This is probably the best bus made for that type terrrain. Please be aware of those roads in the rain ,they can be slick!Especially the blacktops in that area. I know,as I have had one broadslide,coming out of Bluefield Wva  one night!Hope you have a good time and make some memories!

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

And the 50MPH zones on Route 19 are speed traps.  The gutless cops there will write you for 51MPH and smile about it!
Please don't speed through there...it is a major moneymaker for the lilly livered swine!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: