Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 04:54:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any reason not to use all 10 AWG wire in my conversion for DC?  (Read 4710 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 04:17:43 PM »

Brian,

You can use twist on, but do it this way.

Twist all the wires together first with your nines.

I see work all the time where the wires are just put next to each other and then the wire nut twisted on. NO! NO!

Then put the wire nuts on. snugged tight with nines again.

Next put on electrical tape to cover part of wire nut and wire.

They will not back off or get loose.

You will have to trust me on this.

I take pictures of every panel, junction, wire in the 16 facilities that I cover with an infrared camera twice a year looking for hot

spots on any electrical device and this works.

FYI-You should solder any wire (stranded) that is secured or goes behind a screw for connection.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 05:15:11 AM »

FYI-You should solder any wire (stranded) that is secured or goes behind a screw for connection.

Easier to just crimp on a fork (if screw cannot be removed) or ring (if screw can be removed) terminal to the wire.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: