Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:00:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Gas woes ie higher proices around the corner...  (Read 3349 times)
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »

Hello        Just received some rotten news tonight   monday 4/28/08. THe national news is saying that gas will go lots higher during the summer months . Starting now..
    According to the gas companies the price of crude has gone up  80% but the price of gas has only gone up   30% and we (THe gas Companies) have been  holding the prices down whilst using up all the reserves in the system.    HMMMMMM  interesting..
   So the downside is That 4 dollar diesel translates to  6 or 8 dollars when supplies get tight especially during the summer months.
    They blame China and India for hogging up all the new gas.
    Also  the dollars  for the rebate that should be coming are all going to go out of the country to the middle East and Venezuala etc.
      I wonder where all the oil profits are going for the companies that are US based..Huh

Pretty sad to think I worked the last 2 years on the bus to now look at it and not be able to take those trips that we have been planning for the last 10 years or so.      Well   not grounded yet but   its getting harder to   stay  positive.
        REGARDS   and Happy Bussin   if you can find the happiness more power to you.   Mike

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »

We're over $5 a gal for diesel and we're still using the bus. We camp closer to home and don't do as many big trips. We also sold both our fuel guzzling SUV's and bought 2 Jeeps, a TJ and GC ... we need 4x4's in the winter where we live ... it cut our fuel costs in half ... oh and we are driving slower.
Ron
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »

I highly doubt we'll see prices that high unless oil prices go a lot higher.  We'll see the second great depression if prices get that high and the government is likely to step in at some point to do something.

The only good thing if prices double is highways will be emptier outside of rush hour as hardly anybody will be able to afford to drive anywhere but work if prices double.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 05:45:32 PM »

Hello        Just received some rotten news tonight   monday 4/28/08. THe national news is saying that gas will go lots higher during the summer months . Starting now..
    According to the gas companies the price of crude has gone up  80% but the price of gas has only gone up   30% and we (THe gas Companies) have been  holding the prices down whilst using up all the reserves in the system.    HMMMMMM  interesting..
   So the downside is That 4 dollar diesel translates to  6 or 8 dollars when supplies get tight especially during the summer months.
    They blame China and India for hogging up all the new gas.
    Also  the dollars  for the rebate that should be coming are all going to go out of the country to the middle East and Venezuala etc.
      I wonder where all the oil profits are going for the companies that are US based..Huh

Pretty sad to think I worked the last 2 years on the bus to now look at it and not be able to take those trips that we have been planning for the last 10 years or so.      Well   not grounded yet but   its getting harder to   stay  positive.
        REGARDS   and Happy Bussin   if you can find the happiness more power to you.   Mike

Wouldnt belive them if they Swore on the Popes Naked butt..  Angry

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:31:42 PM »

Read today that the price of a barrel of oil could go up to $200 this year. The OPEC ministers blame it on the weak dollar!

And we all know where that dollar is going to.

Dang it anyway!

Paul
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 07:52:43 PM »

Do not sell your bus yet, I can remember when the dollar was high compared to the other currencies. There will be a new president soon and I am guessing HE or She will put a lot of time into boosting the dollar.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

The dollar could end its slide this week yet if the Federal Reserve keeps the interest rate level.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »

If diesel goes to $10 bucks a gallon in this country, our fuel supply will be the least of our concerns.
Starvation will get our attention first.  The trucking industry will collapse and with it goes the food supply.   Everything from seed to fertilizer is trucked.  The whole food cycle would be disrupted.   For the world I might add.   Starvation will be rampant in third would and emerging economies.   More anarchy!    I'll bet that starvation would slow the assaholey Iraqis and Iranians a little.   Cheesy Tongue
Roadwarrior styled anarchy comes to mind. 
If the US falters badly enough,  the world will burp too...China will have societal mayhem (more mayhem than now).  We are their market.  As we go, so go they. 
And all while Rome (DC?) burns we continure to pay homage to the Sierra Club?  Gads we're stupid suckers!
You know that what scares me is that we could be sitting here witnessing quantum changes to our lifestyle as we know it.  We cannot go back to the horse an buggy days.  You couldn't feed it, and someone that hungry is going to take it from you and eat it using whatever force neccessary.   Our gov definitely has a mess.  I hope that they are not as lost as they seem... Shocked
Oh Well.  I live on a farm, am fairly well armed. Got fambly right here that could assist. 
Now what the hell do I do?Huh  How do you plant beer?    Now I'm getting depressed.  Grin
Actually I'm not depressed over fuel prices. I drive an electric car.   Grin
Has any thought been given to neutron bombing Venezuela?HuhHuhHuh?  Neutron bombs only remove the sapiens....leaves the oil system sitting there idling for our benefit.
Iraq, Saudies, Hama (do these guys for the hell of it!).
Yeah, stuff's going to happen soon.  Now I'm all anxious and whatever?
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 04:08:26 AM »

The trucking industry is collapsing!!!! We do not hear about it on the news becuse Brittany Spears going to rehab is more important!!! Our Gov. meanwhile is doing  the best they can to keep the trucks rolling by allowing Mexican truck drivers into the country cause they will work for a lot less.
 Congress is to busy investigating steroid use in professional sports to get involved in private industry problems.  They had have time to subsidize ethanol to the tune of 50 cents a gallon to help drive up the price of food!!!! How could any society be so stupid as to burn thier food?
 Think about it, it takes 1 gal of oil to make 1.3 gal of ethanol, the ethanol is susidized to the tune of 50 cents a gal. Fuel milage is worse with ethanol. So your tax dollars are used to subsidize something that is driving up the price of your food. Where is this tax susidy coming from? well the Gov prints the moeny, which of course drives down the value of the dollar. Which in turn drives up the price of oil. How do you spell STUPID?
 It has occured to me that throughout history the people that burned your food were your enemys, sak and pillage, things like that.
 If we are going to blow something up or invade, lets start with Canada. They send us more oil than anyone. They are a major exporter of oil. There is another interesting one. The Canadians are getting shafted by thier Gov worse than us. All of the other oil exporting countries (except Mexico $2.50) are paying under a dollar for gas. 

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 04:28:44 AM »

Guys,

Take a DEEP breath......

This too will pass....Our economy has had a great run for quite awhile...

Lets all get through this correction and change in the world economic's and supplies.

If you want to do something, instead of just talking, send all of your representitives a short, polite letter about your concerns.

They will be noted and you have at least done your part to effect change..

I only worry about the things that I have direct control over, like getting the "Custom Coach" finished.

And as JR said: Oh Well.  I live on a farm, am fairly well armed.  Reminds me to load up on bullets.... Wink

I guess I may order that home brew kit too!  Tongue   JR....Winters are warmer down here.....Think about it!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »

For those who remember the 1970s, the public and the media were saying that if gas reaches $1.00/gal. the world economy would collapse and if they had thought about it, they would have threatened us with global warming. People were donating their big cars to charity and buying Toyotas. Ten years later when gas passed $2.00/gal, they were selling the Toyotas to buy big SUVs.

The rising fuel price is just a repeat of many that have happened before. The collapsing dollar is a different picture, and as long as the American people insist on living on credit so that they pay their debts with freshly printed money, the dollar will continue to slide. Note that when I say the American people, it also refers to all levels of government ("government by the people").
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 05:07:39 AM »

For those who remember the 1970s, the public and the media were saying that if gas reaches $1.00/gal. the world economy would collapse and if they had thought about it, they would have threatened us with global warming. People were donating their big cars to charity and buying Toyotas. Ten years later when gas passed $2.00/gal, they were selling the Toyotas to buy big SUVs.

Stan,

Exactly what I was thinking!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 07:20:59 AM »

Here's another way to look at it.

Since I've been a little kid, a gallon of gas, a half gallon of milk, and an ice cream cone (single scoop)  from the corner store ALL cost the same.

In the 50's it was a dime
In the 60's it was 35-50c
In the 70's it was a buck
2 bucks in the 90's
3 bucks last year
and guess what, all headed toward 4-5 bucks now.  It's not the just gas, it's everything, still in sync...

I'm just surprised nobody is pi$$ed off about ice cream prices!!!

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 07:26:36 AM »

I read somewhere that the price of gold has tracked the price of oil for many years.  I can't verify the accuracy of that.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
skipn

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 07:53:12 AM »

Len,

about 95% of the time....along with silver, platinum, palladium........um probably a few
 I have forgotten.

As a barrel goes up inflationary fears also rise........precious metals are considered a hedge
 against inflation..............YMMV.

Some exceptions are like the Hunt brothers attempt to corner the silver market, and usually before we
 go into a military action, etc.   basically an emotional market.

Skip
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: