Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 01:06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint for the bus ?  (Read 2127 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »

Hey group,

Now I am thinking about paint.  I am a little ways off... but not to early to be thinking about it.  What brand, type, prep, etc. do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:38:40 PM »

PPG house of colours  best automotive paint around
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:28 PM »

I used Nason Fulthane.  It's a single part polyurethane.  It sprays and lays down nice.  I saw a bus recenly done with cheap enamel "trasctor paint" and a roller.  It didn't look as good as mine, but I never would have guessed it was rolled.  From 20 feet away it looked pretty good.
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:23:41 PM »

My brother swears by PPG.  He has painted cars, trucks, airplanes, and buses that I know of. His latest project was a ToyTojo and the paint looked better than any factory paint job I've ever seen.

I'm using NAPA/Martin Senour acrylic enamel on my coach and it goes on very nice and with the hardener is extremely tough.  Also cheaper than PPG.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:38:09 PM »

Danny,their are a lot of companies that make Paint,PPG ,Dupont,Sherman Williams,a lot of companies out their..People do have their favorites,just like some people perfer fords over chevys.When you paint a bus,you may be using more then one type of Paint,your budget also comes into play.If you look under the bus picture section,and then look for Tucsontatto(Page6) you'll see a bus that I had my painter paint for me(I have a body shop).I had my painter put imron paint on the top of the bus,and then a 2 stage PPG on the sides and ends,The reasoning for this is that the top of the bus get a lot of exsposer,and you'll need a good paint,one that will last a long time,also its nice to have a paint on top that has a nice shine to it,because no one likes to crawl up on top of a bus to wax it.Imron Paint is just the ticket in my books for the top,it can be exspensive depending on the color,it also lasts a very long time.I used a two stage PPG on everything else,I did not color sand and buff,of course, I did not have any runs either.Within the next couple of months,I'm going to be painting my Scenincruiser.To each their own......Frank
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »

Frank, will you be using the same combination of paints, on your cruiser, as you did on the 4106?

Phil Zisakis
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:09:15 PM by phil4501 » Logged
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 06:06:09 PM »

Yes I will Phil....exactly the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: