Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 03:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint for the bus ?  (Read 2148 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:50:47 PM »

Hey group,

Now I am thinking about paint.  I am a little ways off... but not to early to be thinking about it.  What brand, type, prep, etc. do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:38:40 PM »

PPG house of colours  best automotive paint around
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:28 PM »

I used Nason Fulthane.  It's a single part polyurethane.  It sprays and lays down nice.  I saw a bus recenly done with cheap enamel "trasctor paint" and a roller.  It didn't look as good as mine, but I never would have guessed it was rolled.  From 20 feet away it looked pretty good.
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:23:41 PM »

My brother swears by PPG.  He has painted cars, trucks, airplanes, and buses that I know of. His latest project was a ToyTojo and the paint looked better than any factory paint job I've ever seen.

I'm using NAPA/Martin Senour acrylic enamel on my coach and it goes on very nice and with the hardener is extremely tough.  Also cheaper than PPG.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:38:09 PM »

Danny,their are a lot of companies that make Paint,PPG ,Dupont,Sherman Williams,a lot of companies out their..People do have their favorites,just like some people perfer fords over chevys.When you paint a bus,you may be using more then one type of Paint,your budget also comes into play.If you look under the bus picture section,and then look for Tucsontatto(Page6) you'll see a bus that I had my painter paint for me(I have a body shop).I had my painter put imron paint on the top of the bus,and then a 2 stage PPG on the sides and ends,The reasoning for this is that the top of the bus get a lot of exsposer,and you'll need a good paint,one that will last a long time,also its nice to have a paint on top that has a nice shine to it,because no one likes to crawl up on top of a bus to wax it.Imron Paint is just the ticket in my books for the top,it can be exspensive depending on the color,it also lasts a very long time.I used a two stage PPG on everything else,I did not color sand and buff,of course, I did not have any runs either.Within the next couple of months,I'm going to be painting my Scenincruiser.To each their own......Frank
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »

Frank, will you be using the same combination of paints, on your cruiser, as you did on the 4106?

Phil Zisakis
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:09:15 PM by phil4501 » Logged
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 06:06:09 PM »

Yes I will Phil....exactly the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: