Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 10:26:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Emilio bus crash in Houston  (Read 1679 times)
luvrbus

« on: May 02, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »

Read in the Houston Chronicle today where he was driving drunk glad he didn't hurt anyone but himself
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »

I read where he has done this at least 3 other times, probly wont do anything about it just let it go
Frank Allen 4106
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:09:14 AM »

Sounds like they havnt got a Clue as to How to deal with Drunks.. Like New Mexico..
They get arrested Time and time again  ...  until they KILL someone.. then they are all scratching thier heads wondering How this could happen.. MORONS..
I think 3 times and its the DEATH penalty. Mandatory and without Delay...

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 10:00:32 AM »

Tragically, this happens all to often. It seems DUI convicted drivers continue getting DUIs until they kill thermselves and/or someone else.  I saw this all too often during my 28 years on the emergency ambulance.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »

Michigan "talks" about our tough DUI laws. It's a joke. A close family member (too close) was busted for her third time in 10 years. Of course she has driven drunk hundreds of times, only caught 3 times. She lost her license at age 20, she's 37 now.

Three days before Christmas 2007 she was going the wrong way on I-94 at 4 times the legal limit. Yes 4 times. She lost control and hit a guard rail. Luckily she did not kill anyone, yet. Fortunately her 6 year old was not with her this time. While waiting for sentencing she failed the drug test twice and was put in jail overnight. Our local "tough" Judge gave her 30 days in jail and gave her credit for the numerous times in jail and also gave her another 5 days off. 25 days in jail, plus probation for two years.

It is a joke. And she has not stopped driving. I am sure she will continue to drink and drive and do drugs. Through it all Children Services has not been involved. Her and her friends do meth, crack and pot in front of her daughter.

If I were the judge she would be in prison for the max. Better yet, I would outsource the Michigan prisons to Mexico. It would be cheap and I am sure no one would want to go back.

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 05:57:01 PM »

here in texas it depends on who you are, they bust some pretty good leave others alone
this guy must be one of them.
Frank allen
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »

Driving while intoxicated is bad enough, but combining it with vehicles like buses is as deadly as it comes.  I hope the guy gets te needed help/incarceration.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »

I don't disagree that he deserves a harsh penalty, but not sure if that will ever happen since right now they are still trying to determine if & when he will recover.  If he does recover from the critical injuries they suspect he will have to deal with some level of brain damage.

Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 07:32:32 AM »

FYI...latest update.  Emilio's blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.  Really bad combination....drunk driver + 40,000 lb bus.  Shocked Huh Cry

Police: Emilio's Blood-Alcohol Level Twice Legal Limit

BELLAIRE, Texas -- Tejano star Emilio Navaira III had more than two times the legal limit of alcohol in his blood when he crashed his tour bus into a set of freeway barrels, police told KPRC Local 2.

Bellaire police said Thursday that Navaira, simply know as Emilio to his fans, had a blood-alcohol level of .19. The legal limit in Texas is .08.

Emilio was behind the wheel of his tour bus on March 23 when it slammed into the barrels on the West Loop near the Southwest Freeway, throwing him through the windshield. He was critically injured. Doctors had to perform two brain surgeries and repaired a potentially fatal aneurysm on his right lung.

He was moved to Memorial Hermann|TIRR, a hospital that specializes in helping people with disabling injuries or illnesses, on April 23. He is expected to have trouble with his memory and concentration as he recovers.

Thanks,
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 08:09:14 AM »

boy too bad he is not going to remember his time in the clink
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »

FYI...pics of the bus wreck.