Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 03:19:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracker Towing  (Read 876 times)
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »

Anyone towing a Tracker
I bought a 98 4-dr Chevy Tracker SUV to tow.  It is an automatic 4wheel drive - I read in the manual if it had "manual locking hubs" you could unlock, put transfer case in neutral, pull 200 miles, start engine, circulate fluid and continue to pull;  if you have the automatic locking hubs, it said you could not pull 4 wheels on the ground - it would possibly damage transmission.

Anyone have any facts on this or know a way around this.  If not, I may have a cute little Tracker SUV for sale.
Thanks,
Charlie
BusBob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:42:38 PM »

I have a '96 Tracker 4 WD Automatic with automatic hubs. I've taken two trips this year totalling about 4000 miles while towing the Tracker along behind. I've had absolutely no problems, except for the surprise I got when checking fuel mileage on the car. Five gallons to go four hundred miles. Then I realized that I had towed it most of the way! The owner's manual for my car says put the transfer case in Neutral (make sure you get to neutral, I always double check by running the engine and shifting from drive to reverse to make sure nothing is engaged. Then shift the transmission into Park and you are ready to go.) Don't forget to leave the ignition key in the accessory position so the steering wheel doesn't lock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: