Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:45:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do the colors represent on the DDs injectors?  (Read 727 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2008, 07:25:01 PM »

What do the colors represent on the DDs injectors? I often hear people give a color with their injector size. For example: Brown tag N65. How many colors are there and what do they represent? It looks like I have Black N70. There is not a tag, but the background the size is stamped on looks black.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Its the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »

Add to that: What does the N stand for and are there different letters?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Its the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »

There are so many injectors available, I don't know if that can be answered.  N injectors indicated a higher performance injector that could be used with 4 valve heads.  Brown were for transit buses, blue were for California clean tip.  The last injectors were either 7G65 (7 hole tip for 71 series) or 9G75 (9 hole tip for 92 series-which I have on my 71 series-no smoke).  My first 92 series had 9A90's. Now they are 9G90's.  The best is to get the book on them-which I don't know where you'd find that now.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: