Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2015, 09:02:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this air bag air release normal?  (Read 385 times)
IMABUSBOY

1987 MC9 6V92TA "The Sparrow"

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »

Hi and thanks in advance for you response. My question is this:
My 87 mc9 6v92ta airs up normally and holds good pressure without any noticeable leaks. Also, I hear no leaks after shut down but about 3 to 4 hours later, air is loudly released from the front of the bus as the air bags slowly but steadily deflate and the bus settles. The air gauge still reads about 60 lbs. Is this normal?
Thanks, Danny

Happiness is not found at any destination, it can only be found on the journey.
 Keep your eye on the sparrow.
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:45:30 PM »

Your pressure protection valve is keeping 60 psi in the tank. Most likely you have a failed check valve on the levelling valve and when it calls for air it's letting all the air out of the bags. just a thought.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
krank

Excess in moderation

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »

Is it only the front air bags that deflate?

With the age and the number of air connections in/on/of a bus, not surprised four hours for holding air. Some lazy Saturday afternoon get busy with a spray bottle filled with soapy water and and start spraying connections to tighten or replace what is needed. After a couple of valves and a couple of hours of fitting tightening my bus can maintain ride height for over a week +. Probably because I was at a frustration point and instead of building I did the task of leak hunting just to let my marbles settle for a spell. Don't get me wrong, the rest of the air system only lasts a couple of days.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:45:29 PM by krank » Logged

Jim Eh.
1996 MC12
6V92TA / HT741D
(Adjusting Time)
Winnipeg, MB.
IMABUSBOY

1987 MC9 6V92TA "The Sparrow"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »

Thanks! Thomasonnv I'll have that checked. Thanks Krank I'll get the soap out to check for other leaks but this leak is loud and obvious so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Thanks, Danny

Happiness is not found at any destination, it can only be found on the journey.
 Keep your eye on the sparrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: