Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 03:45:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 4th gathering at 'THE COVE'  (Read 4306 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »

An open invitation to spend July 4th in the mountains of South Carolina at Palmetto Cove.

http://www.palmettocove.com/

No reservations required (because they do not take them!)
$20 per night full hookups (tax included).

You must be fully self contained (shower, toilet, & kitchen) per state health department rules since there are no bath houses there.

We're gonna be there (late July 3rd to 6th) to hang out & maybe make some homemade icecream again like last year.

River should provide lots of cool fun.

We may be able to play with some waterbottle rockets.

We can set up pot luck meals for those who'd like to.

For those musically inclined, jam sessions will be enjoyed   Cool

Great area for cycle rides - pedal & motor.  Grin

Other than that, nothing planned, just relax & enjoy the weekend.

Open fires allowed only if in a fire pit that is elevated so it doesn't burn the grass.  Shocked

Feel free to post suggestions of what you'd like to do . . . We'll try to set up a bulletin board there to make it easier to carpool on excursions for sightseeing or shopping.

So, who else is gonna be in the area?

Hope to see lots of you there!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »

Count Dianne, me and the temporary Scenicruiser that looks like an S&S!
Thanks Kyle!
Will be there on the 3rd, leave on the 6th.

Jack-N-Dianne

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »

Looks like Leroy & Lila are going to be there.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »

Anyone interested in some 'Speedies' chicken?
Jack-N-Dianne

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:53:53 AM »

sure was good last year.

Jack when are you leaving for gene's. we plan on leaving early thursday morning. going through taylorsville,statesville then 601 through mocksville,and the back roads to " fayetsville". can't spell

uncle ned  wilma
"huggy bear"

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

Uncle Ned, if you are talking about us...we are not going...I am in the middle of a job search...you know how that goes!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »

Here is a pic from last summer

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Dreamscape

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

Have fun you guys and post lots of pictures..............Please...........

These kinds of gatherings are what our hobby is about, spending time with friends and family.

Happy Trails,

Paul
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »

jack hart

WE ae set in here at the rally with gene.  great crowd just need some speedie chicken. mabe not alread to full   great cooking and friends. and a lot of nice buses.

good luck in the hunt. come through lenoir some day next week and we will introduce you to some people

nedy

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:41:22 AM »

BUMP  Grin

orfunauto/Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »

Kyle, I bumped this subject in the upcoming events section last week and got one negative response,  How many have you got attending so far?  I'm interested in going if there is enough participation.

74 MCI 8
LaGrange, NC
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »

I'm expecting a dozen busnuts there.

At the non-rally last Oct, there were several that arrived that didn't know they'd be able to make it until the last minute,  Grin  Was GREAT to meet them!

We're gonna try to do some pot luck for the meals for those interested . . . .

& lots of tall bus tales to be shared for sure   Wink

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 03:17:17 AM »

Don't forget about "Sliding Rock",  straight north on 276, cross 64 into Pisgah National Forest.  Good cheap fun to cool you off

I hope to be stopping by some,

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »

You motor heads may be interested in this,  I hear it is pretty impressive.

http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

rumor has it that he may be moving after this summer.

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »

Wish we could come to the July rally...but it ain't gonna happen... Cry
Put me down for the October rally! 
The reasons we cannot do July 4th are numerous....Terri's working....Terri's working....Terri's working some more.   Huh
We'll be bluegrass-bus'n up in Cherryville, North Carolina the next weekend (10th thru the 13th) if anyone's near there, stop by!   Be a good show for anyone in need of a modern bluegrass fix!   
Jack, I'd like to have some Speedies...in October?  Cheesy

Y'all have fun!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »

I just got off the phone with a fellow busnut who is going to be there on Thursday. I'll let him post if he wants it public  Grin
I can assure you that there will be some GREAT discussions with him there  Grin  Cool  Shocked

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »

Who??  Out the sucker!  Wink    Thursday is 'jam' day.  No professional entertainment.   We'll be there on Thursday.  Tell the unknown guy to look us'ns up!   Big bus....gold you know.
Friday will have Nothin' Fancy, and Saturday features Rhonda Vincent.   These are 'plugged in' bands.  Anyone that enjoys country rock, or Nitty Gritty Dirt Band would enjoy both Vincent and Nothin' Fancy.  It ain't your grandpaw's music! 
I don't care for standard bluegrass.  I'm into progressive electric music played with bluegrass intruments.   There's not much market left for old styled bluegrass.
I'll tell you another thingy, if Rhonda Vincent couldn't sing a note, the guys would still sit out in the heat are watch her try!  She ain't too hard on the eyes!   Roll Eyes  Cool  Shocked  Grin
Nothin' Fancy is a fun band to watch.  They are wide open...and entertaining. 
There will be a few standards at the festival on Friday and Saturday.  Bands I'm not familiar with. 
We were at Laurel Lakes July 4th festival last year and the unknown bands were fabulous.  Best show!
Well, hope y'all have fun on the 4th! 
I've talked to Anita and John and the bango picker and they're all up for a little October Palmetto Cove picking!   
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 05:08:53 PM »

I just got off the phone with a fellow busnut who is going to be there on Thursday. I'll let him post if he wants it public  Grin
I can assure you that there will be some GREAT discussions with him there  Grin  Cool  Shocked

Wow you mean Dallas and Cat are gonna make it? Cool! Sorry I won't be able to I'll be in Detroit or Des Moines then!  Sorry ya'll have fun! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »

Wow you mean Dallas and Cat are gonna make it? Cool! Sorry I won't be able to I'll be in Detroit or Des Moines then!  Sorry ya'll have fun! Grin  BK  Grin

Des Moines huh?...Lucky you!   Take your water wings.     
Aren't Cat and Dallas still up in Ohio?   They were supposed to come down to NC for a bit, but haven't seen them?   
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »

Looks like there is a strong posibility of having one of our own bring a smoker to cook us some BBQ  Grin  Cool

I can get the meat, Who wants to volunteer for some sauce & sides?

We can also set up for donations for those who want to help in that way. .  .   .   .

So if you can post here or PM me so we can work out the details. Grin

See 'ya there  Grin

Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 08:15:53 PM »

Kyle , we will need sides, sauces, (maybe some of the folks have something homemade they would like to share) sides, paper plates, sides, utensils, sides, maybe we can get folks to sponser a butt (boston butt) or something, I am bringing the cooker, wood, seasonings, and such. I will also have my banjo with me, I play a little old time clawhammer.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Dallas

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:25 AM »

Yup,

We're still up in Ohio and have a couple of jobs that we can't leave.

I wish we could make it down to see everybody again, but sadly that is just not to be this time.

You guys and gals all have a great at the gathering, tip a couple cold ones for Cat and I and sing us a song or two!

Dallas

Des Moines huh?...Lucky you!   Take your water wings.     
Aren't Cat and Dallas still up in Ohio?   They were supposed to come down to NC for a bit, but haven't seen them?   
JR

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 11:48:23 AM »

BTW, there will be some kids there, (3 up to 14+ year olds that I know about)

Great place for bikes - pedal & motor  Grin

Just 7 days!  Cool

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »

There will be a wing ding for you gold wing riders.

http://www.inbradio.com/media/archives/wd/wd302008.html

http://www.gwrra.org/

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »

Pictures are posted:

http://community.webshots.com/user/converter101/albums/most-recent

Thanks Gary!

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 07:31:30 PM »

Looks like everyone had a good time.  Hope there is a good turnout for the October gathering.  You may get lucky and actually have 2 Fishbowls show up!

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »

Crap!   Angry   So ya'll ate all the BBQ?   Huh Angry Sad Shocked  So as Gary says, I missed it!   
I had some of Charles BBQ last year.....mmmmmmm good! Grin
Hope Charles can make the trip for the October Non-Rally.  We've got the Non-Rally on the calendar!
July the 4th is a busy weekend...for most people.   I was preparing for a bus'n trip last weekend...preparing is complicated...gotta pull the bus out of the barn...inventory the adult beverages...check the fridge for perfect temp...inventory the adult beverages...you get the picture.  Sometimes there's the necessary 'quality check' thing related to the adult beverages...sometimes.   Not always.  NCBob know what I mean?  Wink
We're looking forward to the October Non-Rally.  Got Anita and John coming up Saturday evening to make a little music.   
Now if we could get Gene Lewis, Darrell Passer, Dave Lang, and Charles together in October....whatta feed that would make! 
We were out bus'n this last weekend...dry camping.  Dry camping in July, with temps in the mid 90's and diesel fuel at almost $5 bucks a gallon ain't the best of ideas.  Nights were nice.
We just stayed outside most of the time during the day.     
The camper next to us ran his fuel tank bone dry running his generator....sucker ran out of fuel and quit on Saturday night.   Almost too quiet without it.   He was making $4 dollar an hour 'white noise' for us.  The guy apparently was desperate for cold because when his genst shut off, he started the chassis engine and ran the dash air...I told him that the genset wouldn't drain the tank...the 454 did.  Now that's poor planning.  Oh well.     
The festival was great otherwise....Rhonda Vincent was in good form...she's always in 'good form'... if you get the picture!  Wink   
Looking forward to October!  Who's coming?  Smiley  Dallas? What about you and Cat?  About time to visit the South again!
Cheerio, JR and Terri

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »

I forgot something...Thanks Gary!  Thanks for posting the pix! 
Also read an good article in the BCM that had your name on it!  All good info! 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »

Hey Buddydog, Fishbowls rule! Anything else is not really a bus by my judgement.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: