Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 07:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check my rebuild cost 8V92T  (Read 7476 times)
GM0406

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

Basil,

That heat wave last week had me really hauling here for a few days.  One unit alone almost 100 lbs of refrigerant!!  Told them that if it leaks again, which it will, they better be ready to replace it.  A fifty tonner that is almost as big as my coach!  26 years old, and she has been run too long.  Condenser is fatigued and the inlet guide vane system is all worn out.  Fans by this time are ready to come apart and who knows how long the compressors can last after so many years.  At least two were replaced out of four probably 10 years ago.  No hose bib on the roof for maintenance!  I think I need to retire from this job!  Had to drag hose 200 feet to get to two condensers last week and it doesn't do any good to ask again for a hose bib on the roof!  Code now requires it, but they get away without providing a hose bib on new work anyway unless the inspector really does his job!

We have gone from Global Cooling for months to Global Warming right now.  I hope this week is cooler.  Anyway, call me on my cell above when you are going down there, and I will swing by.  If they get mine all done and it runs ok, and we come up with a fair price, I am ready to get those guys all togther in a picture around the rear of the coach showing the engine which looks pretty sharp now with new paint and Craig's polished aluminum rocker cover!! 

Bill T. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: