Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 06:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 4th Rally  (Read 3347 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: May 09, 2008, 08:35:18 AM »

An open invitation to spend July 4th in the mountains of South Carolina at Palmetto Cove.

http://www.palmettocove.com/

No reservations required (because they do not take them!)
$20 per night full hookups (tax included).

You must be fully self contained (shower, toilet, & kitchen) per state health department rules since there are no bath houses there.

We're gonna be there (late July 3rd to 6th) to hang out & maybe make some homemade icecream again like last year.

River should provide lots of cool fun.

We may be able to play with some waterbottle rockets.

We can set up pot luck meals for those who'd like to.

For those musically inclined, jam sessions will be enjoyed   

Great area for cycle rides - pedal & motor. 

Other than that, nothing planned, just relax & enjoy the weekend.

Open fires allowed only if in a fire pit that is elevated so it doesn't burn the grass. 

Feel free to post suggestions in the open thread ( http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=8201.0 ) of what you'd like to do . . . We'll try to set up a bulletin board there to make it easier to carpool on excursions for sightseeing or shopping.

So, who else is gonna be in the area?

Hope to see lots of you there!

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
orfunauto/Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »

Depending on how my other half warms up to our first rally next week at the KOA in Wade, NC, we may attend this one also!

74 MCI 8
LaGrange, NC
orfunauto/Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 06:18:18 PM »

Hello folks,

Just wanted to bump this up and maybe find out how many others are going.  We're strongly considering it as our summer trip.  How about it??

74 MCI 8
LaGrange, NC
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »

Much as we would love to go, Terri and I cannot make the July item.  We'll be at the October Non-Rally if Kyle does that one. 
Half the shop is gone on that week and I'll have to work this year. 
I had to cancel the Salemburg (your neighborhood) gig too.  We usually go to the Laural Lake Campground near Clinton, NC for the July 4th extravaganza.  I've already paid for one pass and camping.   Reckon that's a donation now. 
We'll be going up to Cherryville the week after for a bluegrass festival.   Gonna be hot.
Gonna be hot at Big Lick this weekend too! We're off bus'n tomorrow for a few days....sans powerpole... 100* in the shade! Shocked
Oh well.  The generator needs some time.  $$$$$$$$$$$$  Cry
Kyle, you planning the October Non-Rally this year?    We'll be there!
JR

BTW, for those that have not been to Palmetto Cove CG, it's really a nice place.  Very clean, lots of grass, and probably a lot cooler than the flatlands, yet not buried in the central mountains.  It's an easy access off of I 26.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:28:46 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »

Yep, the official dates for the non rally are from Sept 28th to Oct 4th.

I'm guessing there will be a dozen busnuts there.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Ed Brenner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »

Darrell, I plan on being there are you coming? Have you been to that campround. I want to bring the harley do they have pull throughs or am I going to have to take the trailer off ? I assume they allow Motorcycles. Some here in the Myrtle Beach area don't.
Where is the sept 28 -oct rally same place ?
Thanks
 Grin

Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »

Motorcycles are fine.
Most sites are pull thru  Grin

This rally is gonna be at Palmetto Cove (near Cleveland, SC)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »

I've just been informed that since it's the 4th of July, WE NEED BBQ.

So looks like we will be smoking some  Grin

If you can, post what you'd like to bring for sides . . .

Instead of a fee, we'll set out a donation pot to help cover the cost.  .  .  .  Cool

See 'ya there  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: