Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 23, 2017, 10:57:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  4,812 Members as of August 9, 2016 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Placement of Vanner Equalizers  (Read 3555 times)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »

FWIW, the new transits from Orion has the Vanner mounted in the engine room.

Ability to shed heat would be my first concern, exposure to the corrosion of battery gas is another, however, New Flyer was fond of mounting the pair of Vanners in the battery compartment directly above the batteries back in the early '90's models, but then those buses rusted out like mad....

I used a short metal conduit nipple all trussed up with electric tape to pass the big cables through the bulkhead until I'm sure that this isn't the temporary install. No sharp edges, no sharp angles, quite unsophisticated.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Blacksheep

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 08:12:04 PM »

Jim and others, in our H3 the vanner is located on the drivers side rear small bay just above the tag axle! Not sure if it was moved prior to my purchse or not!
BS
Sojourner

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »

Here akroyaleagle's one of five photos:

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
----------------------------------------------------------------
From akroyaleagle:

Here's how I did it. The only thing you don't see is the pos and neg cables to the 6 Rolls Royce house batteries. Yes there is a master cut off in the pos and neg lines. Hope this helps. Joe
Sojourner

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »

akroyaleagle # 2 photo
Sojourner

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »

akroyaleagle # 3
Sojourner

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

akroyaleagle # 4
Sojourner

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 08:38:05 PM »

akroyaleagle # 5 final
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

Thanks for your help Sojourner.

I don't know how to post photos. This installation has been there for 12 years. It stays nice and clean and dry. I have never had a problem with it.

All my house electrical is installed on the forward side of the rear wall of the middle bay.
This installation does not interfere with operation of the Quickee slide.

The batteries are in the rear bay with the house water and waste tanks. They are installed in a fiberglass coated box with vent holes cut into the floor and the vents have forward and rear facing wind wings under the floor to promote air circulation in case of gassing. I have never added water to these RR Surettes. They are 525AH each and guaranteed 8 years in RV installions.

Hope this is clear.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: