Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 04:43:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bus converting over with? Low sulfur on the way!  (Read 3258 times)
Big Tom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »

According to the information I have seen it is virtually impossible to get all traces of the red-dyes off-road diesel out of the tank once it has been used.  Would be really maddening to be cited for using it a year after the actual use.  And fueling a bus at an off-road pump would raise suspicions.  Have seen a few off-road buses, old 4x4 schoolies used for hunting, logger transport, etc., but they still were on-road a lot too.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »

I don't know how long the dye lasts but, I do know that while we had our charter buses down at Hurricane Katrina Relief last year several times they supplied us with red fuel and a piece of paper showing that yes it was off road fuel but taxes were paid on it and they were using it because it was all that was available! I still have a copy of that piece of paper in the buses just incase! FWIW!
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool Roll Eyes  Knuckle Roll Eyes Cool Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: