Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 16, 2017, 01:23:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I saw $5.09 Diesel today  (Read 3155 times)
luvrbus

« on: May 13, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »

Went to Needles CA about a 1/2 hour ago and diesel went from $4.69 to $5.09 in less than 8 hrs better fill up guys it is heading your way
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »

buy a dodge diesel pickup, rig it with an air throttle and push bar and push your bus with it.  2.99 a gallon for three years
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »

Well, if its True, that Most of our Oil comes from Canada, then Lets go to WAR with the Thieves and TAKE IT.  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 04:47:45 PM »

I about soiled my pants when diesel was selling for $4.39 at a gas station I pulled into.  My tank still was 1/3 full so I decided to hold off.   A station closer to home was $4.22, but probably not for long.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 05:00:31 PM »

Diesel has gone up 47 per gallon in the last 5 days here in Chattanooga, TN.
Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »

I saw 4.59 here in Saint George Utah. Sure glad I'm not driving our Eagle right now. On second thought maybe I wish I was because it might be cheaper now than later.

Sure is pretty country around here. Drove to Snow Canyon this afternoon.

Paul
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:58:21 PM »

Well,

At this rate we will be at $10.00 a gallon by the end of the summer..

$1500.00 to fill my bus.. Hummm..  I'll park it and watch the economy crumble..

GREED..... Is hurting everyone's freedom!   

Buy American!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

Heard Orin Hatch from Utah tody, talking about "Sand Tar" Oil ?
Said there is More of it than there is OIL in the Rest of the World  Huh
and that it could be gotten for about $42.00 bucks a barral  Huh Huh Huh
BUT, The EnvironMental people have it all tied up.
Cant get it to save the Homosexual Frogs or something..  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 07:34:13 PM »

Well since we have global warming and all the polar bears are going to dye and all the Elk Caraboo etc will have mortalities as well, We should just drill in Alaska more.....if them critters is gonna die anyway may as well start taking the oil
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »

The big problem being discussed for the tar sands is the enormous energy required to recover the oil.  One option being discussed is nuclear, but a new nuclear plant would takes years to come online.

Something will have to give with oil pricing some day.  Oil demand is falling in the USA and refineries are cutting back production to avoid flooding the market with gasoline as folks cut back.

I'm pretty much at the breaking point where I need to cut back on my diesel consumption for everyday driving.  My $125 a month budget for fuel won't buy me two full tanks for fuel for my VW Golf TDI anymore.  It wasn't that long ago that I could just about buy three tanks every month for that same $125.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
JimmieD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »

First time to post ever, but every board is talking about the price, whose responsible, and why we have no oil in this country. Go to link on youtube and listen to the eight videos of Lynn Williams.It take about thirty minutes of your time  and gives, to me anyway, new in site into our great republic and no president or political party can change what we have brought to ourselves. If you don't buy it, diesel,Chinese goods and all the bull that politicians put out maybe things will change or am I just a naive Arkansas hillbilly. There is no global warming, just some hype that's the scientist in a university come up with to make tenure.
or cut and paste this url, I hope,

JimmieD, not a virgin any longer
JimmieD

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »

Sorry, that should be Lindsey Williams, one of them left handed Baptist.

JimmieD
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 09:01:35 PM »

With my small fixed income, watching the price of diesel fuel rise this spring really had me depressed for a while, but I recently picked up a very high paying, part time job working for the good people of Colorado.

Let it go to $10 a gallon...At todays price, I'm looking at $652 to fill my coach, but I'm WAAAAY past caring about the money, and given the choice, would much rather have the travel experiences than the money.

Just my twisted view.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 01:49:45 AM »

With my small fixed income, watching the price of diesel fuel rise this spring really had me depressed for a while, but I recently picked up a very high paying, part time job working for the good people of Colorado.

Let it go to $10 a gallon...At todays price, I'm looking at $652 to fill my coach, but I'm WAAAAY past caring about the money, and given the choice, would much rather have the travel experiences than the money.

Just my twisted view.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

Well, Fixed income here too, But, the VA wont let me make a Dime. If I do they want to discontinue my Disability..
I made the mistake of buying some Junk from the Government and selling it at a profit.. They sent me a letter that It was determend I had Returned to WORK an no longer needed my Disibility check.. I got so depressed I was thinking of Blowing my brains out untill I made it clear to them I was NOT WORKING.. The Bas***ds are looking for EVERY oportunity to Screw the Vets...
Mabee i wont get that shiny new AK47 after all, they give me Too many reasons and places to Use it.  Angry

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »

Hi Guy's,

I just topped off the diesel tank this afternoon on the garden state parkway here in N.J. because their price was $431.9

I never thought I would be bragging about that price....

Took 110 gallons and added up to $475.00   Oh well, we gotta pay to play!

I'm off to Luke's in the AM to get some routine service. Hope that bill isn't too big!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: