Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 03:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AC broke  (Read 3165 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »

When I came home tonight my wife told me that the kitchen drain is not working. While I am toying with that the AC starts acting up!! Only 2 things out of hundreds of possibilitys, not a bad nite, what else can go wrong? I know don't ask!!!
 I have a 13.5K BTU, Duo-Therm 579 series Brisk Air AC   model #57915.621.  When the thermostat shuts the unit off or if I manualy turn the unit off the fan shuts off but the compressor keeps running. I need to turn the power off at the circut breaker to stop  what sounds like the compressor.
 If memory serves me right (it seldom does) this is a faulty relay in the circut board. Is there anything else I can check?  Thanks in advance Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »

Ahhh Jim,

Burnt relay... the contacts welded together.  Easy fix!

Let me know if you need it
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

The gremlins I picked up from Dallas have come out of thier hibernation!! The sink stopped draining, seems to be the cheater vent. The circut breaker on the inverter tripped, the svideo cable came loose on the TV. The King Dome stopped working.  I'm useing the AC and this time the compressor shut off?Huh Can contacts be an intermitent problem? If I was in Buffalo now I would not need the AC!!!
                                                     Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 04:25:32 PM »

Hi Jim,,

Do you know Murphy?  Grin

Yes, contacts can unstick... if thats what you want to call them...

Concider it a forwarning that you gotta attend to them!

Good Luck with the other gremlins.
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »

It wasn't my Gremlins, it was the Oklahoma Gremlins that Christy left down in Florida!

My gremlins are alive and well here in HIo.

I have 3 roof top airs I can't get to talk to each other for load shedding and they all think that what ever zone calls for heat or cooling means that the others have to pitch in too!

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH
CAROLINABOY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 05:23:34 PM »

replace board should solve the problem

servant for JESUS CHRIST
Sojourner

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »

Hi Jim....do you have a ac volt meter to monitor supply voltage at A/C circuit breaker output during heavy usage and while A/C is just turn on?
If starting voltage is less than 110 volt....it will increase ampere (current) load to a point of straining the contact points to stick or dirty or burnt as well overheat motor & board. In other words, 120v online, starting current's time will be less to get A/C off of starting mode into running mode.
Park’s power supply may not be up to par of at least 110v while under heavy starting load such as A/C and refrigerator came on the same time. Wiring should never be less than 12ga from circuit breaker to A/C unit for 115 volts system.

The bottom-line is to avoid running any starting electric motor or heavy current load online while it less than ideal voltage of 115 to 125 volts to keep out of future problems.
If any of the wiring & plug & outlet & breaker box is almost too hot to put your hand onto…then you are in prone to have problem that need to be corrected.

BTW..once the A/C’s motor and transformer has been running hotter than factory spec…it will never be as good as new because dielectric coated wire in winding is burnt somewhat to be harder to cool to keep it running at factory spec. temperature.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

A money saving tip before choosing your final spot at park camp.  First is to hook up your power cord to RV outlet and watch volt meter not to drop less than 110v with A/C and other heavy load appliances just turn on. And watch it to maintain its voltages for 5 (10 minutes is better) minutes. Otherwise find another spot that has higher output. Some of their outlet boxes are getting poorly connected (higher resistance) over times. The farther the RV outlet from their main circuit breaker the higher the resistance unless properly wire size to maintain it demands.
If it crowded or late at night, hope everything meet your need at the first spot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: