Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 02:53:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time down the road...  (Read 1293 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:18:26 AM »

Finally got my bus registered..after having to get it weighed...and took it down to a local State campground for the weekend..It rode very smooth with only a few little glitches..One was a few times when I came off the gas, the engine sort of pulsed a few times, then smoothed out. The other problem was the light on the panal on the dash, bottom row, second from the left (orange next to red) came on occasionaly when I was on the gas, but would go off when I was cruising/not accelerating. I dont have the cover to tell me what that light is, but I believe it might be the check tranny light ?? Can anyone help ? Well Im heading back to camp. I love all the looks I get from people walking by and trying to see inside the bus..lol.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
cody

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »

I guess the first question is, are you enjoying it? lol The second one is think it's better than a S&S? lol
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:52:35 AM »

Just got home, we had a great time. Much much much bettet than the S&S..My thanks to Cody for turning me on to this bus thing...

Can anyone help me out on the warning light on my dash panel...Bottom row, second from left, orange light..

cody

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

I guess the way I look at it, a couch is a couch, you can watch tv while laying on it anywhere, in a S&S, a bus or even out in the yard, but a bus should outlast us where a S&S won't.  I generally buy once and get it over with, my dad used to tell me that if you buy the best to begin with you won't be drooling over it later when someone else has it, beside I really like the way people turn and look when we roll into a campground with the big DD rumbling, another thing I like is the time we were waiting at a red light and a car full of kids pulled up beside us and a kid rolled down his window and asked if we had anyone famous inside, I told him I could get fired for telling him but we had the Swedish Bikini Team onboard, he said WOW and then we had about 6 faces trying to see into the windows of the bus as we pulled away lol.  Life is fun lol.
Blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 02:55:28 PM »

Hey Cody that's funny and it's true it happens to us almost every trip out but I never thought about the bikini team! I always end up saying, yea ME when asked the same question! It leaves those wondering who REALLY is in the bus as they look real hard trying to see inside and at times they will even drive along side holding up traffic!

BS
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 04:40:04 PM »

Shania Twain was playing at TCU Place in Saskatoon a couple of years ago.  I had the bus in the city and had it parked behind a hotel on the north side of town.  I was walking away from the bus, headed over to Princess Auto, when this car kind of circled me and stopped in front of me.  The driver asked, very hesitantly, "Uh, are you, like, Shania's driver?" 

Marilyn said I should have said "NO, I'm MARILYN'S driver!!"  but I don't think that fast.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »

Can anyone help me out on the warning light on my dash panel...Bottom row, second from left, orange light..
>
>
Here is what Mine say, sorry for the bad picture. Huh

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »

Thanks to all who tried to identify the light in question. I just spoke to Jr (aka NJT5047) and the light in question is the check engine light. He explained how to download the codes and Ill check that out this week. Thanks again..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: