Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 02:57:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid ? What side for propane fill?  (Read 1357 times)
belfert

« on: June 09, 2006, 06:47:20 AM »

Okay, I've been searching for an hour for this answer and don't really want to go to a RV dealer to look.

What side is the propane fill normally on for filling a mounted propane tank?  I assume there is a standard for this.  I seem to remember that Flying J usually has the propane on the left side of the RV lanes.

Brian Elfert
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:50:49 AM »

Brian,

Flying J's have their LP tanks on the drivers side at RV lanes. I never use the RV lanes!! Too many cars in them!! Angry

As for other locations, I belive it doesn't matter. They usually have very long hoses.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:52:49 AM »

Brian,
The motor homes I fill here at the campground almost all have the fill on the passenger side, although there have been a few that were on the drivers side.
I have a Newell Coach here that I'm working on that has a tank on both sides.
I don't have a copy of the ASME rules here, but they should be able to tell you what you need.

IHTH

Dallas
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:55:19 AM »

I put it on the left side. Then when you drive up to the tank you can line it up easier (although my fuel fill is on the right-just line it up with the support of the window that it's under).  Just nicer to have the industrial equipment on the left side to keep the right side open for the camping equipment (when you're sitting outside for instance). Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 07:14:55 AM »

Brian,

Flying J's have their LP tanks on the drivers side at RV lanes. I never use the RV lanes!! Too many cars in them!! Angry

You don't have much choice on using the RV lanes or not at Flying J if you want propane.  Flying J has always had good prices on propane and the prices have barely gone up as oil has skyrocketed in price.

The only reason to use the RV lanes to fuel a converted bus is because Flying J does not charge the 5 cent per gallon credit card fee in the RV lane.  Otherwise, the truck lanes are much easier and faster.

Brian Elfert
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 11:34:05 AM »

I've seen them on both sides of many styles of S&S, and coaches, but I personally felt it was a utility entrance, and located my LP fill door on the left side, very near to where the 86 gallon LP tank is hung from the frame.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
Big Tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 07:26:07 PM »

Never heard of a standard.  They are all over the place in RV industry - left, right, forward, rear, just about anywhere but ahead of front wheels.  Location seems to be driven by floor plan and weight distribution issues.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »

Every class A that I ever had was on the driver's side.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: