Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 04:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $5.00 Diesel  (Read 4407 times)
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 02:18:18 AM »

Yes and all the experimeners around the world that have been working on water fuel cells to convert to hydrogen have been scared off by threats from the goons of the oil co.s or mysteriusly died or poisened. There is no way the Arabs and oil co.s want that free energy to get going. Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 09:28:48 AM »

I paid $5.03 at my "cheapy" station on thurs for Diesel.  All Diesel is over $5.00 in L.A. now.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »

Saw an odd price on fuel today on I19 in central GA.  Unleaded was 3.78 but Diesel was 4.94.  'Sup wit' that?

Diesel has cost more than unleaded for a number of years.  A cost difference of over $1 is a bit extreme.  Here in Minneapolis the difference is generally 60 to 75 cents depending on the day and the station.

I keep hearing people say that diesel prices are high relative to unleaded due to winter and the diesel prices will go down for the summer.  Summer is here and diesel prices are still sky high compared to unleaded.  Other than spring 2007 I've never seen diesel go down much if at all in the summer compared to winter, at least in recent years.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »

Are there any legitimate news reports of folks working on hydrogen powered vehicles being murdered?  What about police reports?

I suppose the police and the news media are being paid off too?

Some paranoid's blog is not a legitimate news source.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 10:18:14 AM »

Pa. on Friday 4.999
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »

Diesel is now a more highly refined fuel than gasoline-hence the big price difference.  Years ago, they took the lead out of gasoline, but that was relatively simple compared to taking the sulfur out of Diesel down to 15 parts per million.  Add to that that only 1/3 to 1/2 of a barrel of crude is capable of producing fuel products (the rest is oil, tar, and plastic type), and you have the high prices.  I like everyone else believes the prices of fuel to be inflated at the moment.  I firmly believe that this is an experiment by the petroleum companies to see just how high they can set the fuel prices before people really start to scream.  In economics, this is called supply and demand.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:11 PM »

Interesting thing about the current supply and demand is that we are not experiencing any shortages -- no one is lining up waiting for fuel, for example. Being an Albertan, we hear and read a lot about oil prices and most experts believe the price per barrel of oil (which is driving the refined prices) is inflated by raw speculation far beyond its realistic supply/demand price. (Of course, the weak American dollar doesn't help, because oil is priced in American dollars.) But before long, the bubble will burst -- as bubbles always do -- and speculators will be crying the blues. (I won't be too sympathetic).

From what I'm reading, a realistic price per barrel should be $106, but with demand dropping off, probably less soon. It's a little over $130 right now.

As for hydrogen -- ignoring storage, transportation, etc. -- consider that electricity is required to produce it. Lots of electricity. Where is that going to come from and how much will it cost?

In an energy hungry world, there's no free rides.

Don

Don
1988 MC-9
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »

I think to blame speculators for oil prices is rediculous, its about american greed and a government that is far more concerned with padding there freinds pockets and there own pockets than anything else. No fool would believe that the problem is supply and demand while oil companies have made millions of dollars and the fuel is every where, further why are all the oil wells in america shut down?? or is this my imagination?? its a big mess and those of us who work for a living and are not rich are about done driving these buses we worked so hard to have. Our politicians have sold us out, our jobs are gone to china and india, whats left are taken by illegal imigrants who come in and out at will while our border people look on. I beleive now its a little late for the american people to wake up and hold these government people accountable for all they have done to destroy everything we hold dear because thats exactly what they are doing
Frank Allen
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 11:54:08 PM »

As an outsider, it is not my place to get too involved in American politics, so I won't comment on the political aspects, other than to say that I have the greatest love and respect for the USA and its people. (In fact, my dear wife has deep American roots and I love and respect her, too!)

But sooner or later, probably sooner, the high price of fuel is going to force the Fed to raise interest rates. Why?

• High fuel prices drive inflation. (Everything you buy needs fuel for production and transportation).
  • Increasing inflation will force the Fed's hand. (The mortgage crisis is keeping rates a bit low right now).
  • Higher rates will drive up the value of the American dollar.
  • A higher dollar will effectively lower the price of crude.

Nothing is quite that simple, of course. A lot depends on the depth of duration of recession (if one technically exists) which impacts consumer demand, along with a long list of unknown future events.

Speaking of inflation, the previous inflation-adjusted peak for crude was after the '70s oil crisis, when oil hit $104.06 (December, 1979 in January, 2008 dollars). We survived it, prices dropped dramatically and life went on. But if you are old enough to remember, those were some tough times, too.

Don

Don
1988 MC-9
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 09:25:09 AM »

Ok...don't come in Quebec (Canada)....the price is 1.569$ a liter...It's crazy...Soon, my Prevost will be on the blocks like a "camp" in the forest...600 liters X 1.569$ = 954$ CND for fulling... Roll Eyes

GaŽtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »

Wooow ... That high. In BC diesels around $1.356 per liter = $5.11 per US gal. Alberta is as low as $1.26 per liter = $4.77 per US gal. Gas is only 1 or 2 cents per liter less than diesel
billy6941

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »

Diesel prices are already over $5.00 a gallon in some places, here, in Alaska. In Healy, AK, it's $5.05. I just finished a tour into the Yukon, with a 2005 J4500 MCI, and prices in Whitehorse, YT are over $6.00 a gallon. No end in sight.....Bill
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »

We in the US can wring our hands and cry and whine about fuel prices, we are getting the shaft. But you Canadians you should overthrow your goverment. You are an oil exporting nation and you are paying more than we are. Riply would not belive it!!!!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »

If you would like to see fuel prices in the U.S. and Canada go to:   http://www.dieselboss.com/fuel.htm

Click on the Logos at the top (Flying J has lots of truck stops) so that is a good one.

We are probably taking our last big summer trip this year in our truck conversion (previous conversion was a 4104)- California to the Maritime Provinces and return.

I'm sure we'll be paying $6.00/gallon before we get back in September.

At 10 miles/gallon I just take the price of fuel per gallon and move the decimal point.  $5.00 = .50/mile

8,000 mile trip = $4,000 to $4,800 for fuel.

Still for this trip in a car, staying at motels and buying all meals out it would be more expensive and not having your own bed to sleep in every night.

Besides, we couldn't really do what we do in a car and motel situation.   http://www.theGoodDeeds.com

We love what we are doing, so in the future it will probably be on the west coast only.

Pray that we will start drilling our own oil in the USA and building some new refineries. 

And, start developing some new technologies.

Take care,

Gary D

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »

OK, I just purchased some fuel at a shell in Garden Grove CA at $5.49 per.... That would be May 26, 08
mak

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: