Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 07:11:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front windshield curtains...  (Read 3313 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 12:08:18 PM »

Just a couple thought on this:

I am going to put curtains behind the driver that pull across in two directions.  Since I travel with a gang, and at night they like to read, watch movies ...etc..  I want something that will keep the reflections of the light off the windshield while I am driving. My overhead a/c has two ducts up by the driver, so air flow is not a problem.

We have a privacy curtain that pulls out to separate the living/kitchen area from the hall/bath/bedroom area.  This lets showers, dressing, sleeping all take place in privacy.

During some of our first outings I did a "look and see" to see what angles others could look up in the coach and what they could see.   It was very hard to see anything but heads unless you were standing dead center of the bus looking up the stairs.

Depending on your layout will really determine what you need.

Unless your running around Necked......

You know, Naked is no clothes on, Necked is no clothes on and your up to no good......

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »

You know, Naked is no clothes on, Necked is no clothes on and your up to no good......

Cliff

HMMMM. I think I prefer NECKED!!   Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 06:43:41 PM »

Im thinking for me, its a privacy thing at night...I want to be comfertable in my house and sometimes, with a little luck, Neked occurs. The wife had suggested the velcro thing. That and the curtains behind the drivers seat will get some serious consideration...

And Ill update my profile...

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »

Lyndon,

Forgot to mention. Instead of clothesline we found a fancy rope which we threaded through the tabs on the curtains. The rope is much larger than clothesline, probably 3'8", but this is no problem with tab curtains. In your case the sewed in loop would have to be much larger.

The rope comes in many colors and I think it came from JC Penny's drapery dept. It stretches enough so that it isn't hard to get over the hooks.

One advantage to our system is that the curtains can be folded, hung, rolled or just thrown on the floor because there is nothing rigid in the whole system.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »

Travelingfools
 I had the same problem
We ended with using 1/2 alum. conduit from an elect. sply.,2    10' lengths with a coupling (threaded) about in the center. I bent the alum. tube with a 3/4 " or 1" emt bender( this let me go around any thing in the way--Remember to measure 2,3,4 times and bend 1 time Roll Eyes) I also used 3/4 mini clamps(minerallac) also found at elect.sply house to support frame at each end behind the front seats and one clamp in the front center.The rest came from one of the big box stores (larger brass hoop shower curtain hooks an 2 plastic shower curtains cut off below the dash and side window) NOTE  bend the first 1 or 2 clips just large enough to slide over the rod in the center easy to cover the seam in the front.When not in parked we push them back behind the front seats.
  This worked well for us and the better half can change an update without being to painful. Cheesy
Good luck I hope this may help.
 Dwayne
Blacksheep

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

if your not worried about the windshield and just want to close off the front driver area you can what a friend of mine did and I have considered doing the same but... Anyway he ran 2 vertical blinds, 1 from each side and they meet in the middle. You can open them and they store flat against the side walls and they are easy to change colors. If they are plastic, paint them. Cloth type can be changed by sliding old out, recover and slide back in!
To close, you pull the rods together until they meet in the middle, just like home!
BS
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: