Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 08:59:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Coach A/C repairs near Weehawken, NJ any suggestions?  (Read 2009 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:02:50 PM »

Hello guys I got a charter in New York this week and they are complaining that the A/C 's not cooling the back half of the bus! Anyone know of a reasonable place near where they are staying at the Sheridan Inn in Weehawken, NJ that I can have check it out? Nick how far is that from you? Or maybe Luke at US Coach? Any ideas will be helpfull and appreciated! Bryce 731-885-7460 0r call dad (Gene) direct he's the one driving it 270-703-1707! Thanks! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool  Knuckle Cool Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:27:10 AM »

Bryce,

I'm about 80mi's south down the Garden State Parkway, Exit 13

609-263-2296

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:34:34 AM »

Nick I don't know what happened I tried to thank you and tell ya I was calling dad to see where he is now (they stayed in Harrisburg, PA last night & are headed to the big apple today!) ! But somehow it reposted your msg? Knuckle Huh

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 05:38:14 AM »

No Problem Bryce,

If ya need me just call!

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 05:46:53 AM »

Ok Nick thanks, Dads not sure what he wants to do yet Huh. By the way are you sure on the 80 miles? My routing program shows 145 down to Cape May Court House, NJ or am I looking it up wrong? Dad said the hotel they'll be staying at is right by the Lincoln Tunnel, but he's gotta drive them around on their tour when they arrive today! Knuckle Cool

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 05:51:16 AM »

Yea,

if your by the lincoln tunnel, Your right. 145!  I looked it up wrong!

Nick-

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 06:13:03 AM »

Yeah he said that the people at the hotel told him the Licoln Tunnel was like a couple of blocks from the hotel, right now he's still heading to NJ from Harrisburg still west of Allentown, PA on I-78. He's sort of in a pickle as they want and need to meet their step on guide at the "Rocker Fellow Center?" around 1 today and he doesn't know if he should stop and have it looked at or keep going since it's not doing too bad right now(of course it ain't the hot part of the day either!). I was wondering if anybody knows of anyone reliable, and reasonable closer to where he's going to be? There's no telling when he'll be free from the group and I'm afraid it'd be to late to drive down to where you are by then Nick. Knuckle

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 09:13:48 AM »

Bryce,

NIMCO Bus is in Newark, close to your dad

http://www.nimcobus.com/

Nick-

Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »

Bryce, give these guys a call - great people.
Tumino's Towing - http://tuminostowing.com/
They have a real nice shop too.
Hope it helps you.
Sammy  Cool
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 03:05:37 PM »

Thanks Nick and Sammy! I haven't heard from dad since he arrived in the Big Apple and told me he had to go, so I'm not sure what he's doing, I know what I wish he was doing (keeping our customers cool n happy Smiley Grin Cool) but he's there and I'm in TN. I appreciate the #'s and will pass them onto dad! Sammy I haven't been up there in years but didn't I read in American Towman or Towtimes Mag. that Tumino's original shop caught fire and was destroyed a couple years ago? Maybe someone else but I thought it was them. I went up there yrs ago and picked up a wrecked truck for one of our customers from them, super nice people !  Knuckle

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 05:09:09 PM »

Hey Bryce,  You can also try Gray Line - they are in Hoboken - 4 traffic lights from the Lincoln tunnel ( NJ)
Try this number - 201-714-9445, or 9400
Best of luck with your coach   Cool
Sammy
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 07:23:42 PM »

Busted Knuckle said
Right now he's still heading to NJ from Harrisburg still west of Allentown, PA on I-78.
Right there he can pop in and say hi to Sam Walker?
>
There are at least 4 yards with in walking distance from where he is staying.
The largest one right there, under the helix.
Tell him to go out side and look under the road to the tunnel.
They are all right there, NJ transit, coach USA, Academe, peterpan.
If that don’t work try these guys, The number is 973 777 1900. Ask for Jim or Mike.
They are in Wallington NJ.
They might even get to see Bruce Springstien’s ride.
I have “the bus pages” if you need send me a PM.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 04:52:33 AM »

When you get it all sorted out, I am curious as to what would cause only the back half of the coach to not cool.  Or is it that the whole AC is marginal and the heat load is greater in the rear?

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »

When you get it all sorted out, I am curious as to what would cause only the back half of the coach to not cool.  Or is it that the whole AC is marginal and the heat load is greater in the rear?

Len

Well they toughed it out (not like they had much choice since they were running Mom & Dad and the bus in the ground daylight to dark, no time to have it looked at! And going down the HWY they opened the rear hatch and it created a nice draw that made it bearable in the rear) and upon getting home Dad and I checked it out, we found a place about 4' long where the stainless air duct running along the floor was loose and blowing out massive amounts of cold air on the pepole sitting there's feet upon checking more someone owning the coach prior to us had tried to fix it before. We put some weather stripping under it and put oversized screws in it, for now it seems to have helped the air flow to the rear tremendously. Will update as time tells the true story! Knuckle

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: