Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 23, 2014, 11:05:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ummmm.... unsavory question.  (Read 4036 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »

Kyle, you said you'd "roll your own". Any suggestions there??

jjrbus has it covered very well.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »

Check out West Marine
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/242955/377%20710%201506/0//Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710%201506&Ne=0&Ntt=&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 10:17:38 AM »

I have found using the large hose a lot faster and more thorough than the macerator.  I bought a macerator that has a bayonet fitting that attaches to the dump valve.  It was less than $200., but that was about five years ago.  I have used it quite a bit, but still would default to the big hose.  Also, be careful about letting the macerator run without fluids.  It uses your sewage as a coolant for the pump and will burnout quickly if deprived.  The last time I used it, it ran for about 30 seconds empty before I got to it.  I think I may have damaged it, but will be using it tomorrow and will find out.  Of course, be careful about what you put in your septic tank.  I would not use any of the formaldehyde based tank treatments or any other that destroy bacteria.  The enzyme-type treatments, some of which are just shots of bacteria, would be okay.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »

Well, I figured it was time to "S**t or get off the pot" so I made an executive decision from my "throne". I just ordered this:  http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-toilets-tanks/waste-water-pump-rv.htm?source=msn

I wasn't wanting to drop that much "cake" on this little issue, but 197.00 was doable. (on sale today) The initial 500.00 was not even a consideration.

So now hopefully I will be a "Happy Camper"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy LOLOL

By the way, after searching around on the net, that IS a good price if any of you are contemplating such a thing.

Livin Large,
     Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

Well, I'm gonna stick with my $30 stinky slinky for now.  Grin

A macerator pump can give new meaning to "shooting the s#!t"   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 02:36:39 PM »

HA!! Good one!  Cheesy
Altho I've been known to "shoot" a little, I PRAY this is one kind I don't!!!   Shocked   Tongue   Grin
But if all goes well, I do believe this is a good way to go. Especially to be able to dump at home and not need a plumber to come out and set up something to dump in.

Eat your roughage and keep'em floatin, Kyle! Grin

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 05:34:30 PM »

check out EBay - under macerator

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »

That's similar to what I have, but I do not have the remote switch although you really can't get to remote anyway. It appears to be a good price for it in kit form.

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »

Lin,
  That's what i thought. I did check ebay, I looked at all of them but I figured what little I would save in money "rollin my own", I'd spend in time and aggrevation. And the deciding factor was that I couldn't set it up permanently like jjrbus did as I don't have the room. So the kit made the best sense. At least I'll find out after next weekend! Smiley  Wish me luck!  Wink

Chaz

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »

It's good to have.  Just don't get your hoses mixed up.

gus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 01:18:37 PM »

I have the same setup as Lin and really like it.

I use the 3" at campgrounds but use the portable macerator pump at home where I can't get close to my sewer cleanout. I use a plain 5/8" garden hose with no problem.

One word of wisdom about the pump, it makes a lot of pressure so be sure the discharge end of the small hose is well held down - don't ask me how I know this!!

Two 3" hoses is a very good idea. You will very often be just not quite close enough and sometimes you will even have to dump on the opposite side. That really gets to be a mess.

I would add to that to have the bayonet type quick-connectors at all connections. You don't really want to be fooling with screw on or clamp types when things get messy.

Camping World also has a 3"clear plastic  elbow with a garden hose connection for cleaning out the 3" hose or portable macerator pump. It helps to be able to see when things are getting cleaner.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 04:54:57 PM »

Just another note.  I have about a foot of clear plastic hose on the discharge side of the macerator and connect the hose to that.  That way you can see when the flow has stopped.

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 10:52:49 PM »

WOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked  Guys,,,,really Embarrassed   I full timed for years and I only had a stock hose from CW.  I NEVER used any additives and never had any smell except when a PVC drain split.  I waited till the black was full to the top and drained in a dumpsite or just opened the valve if in a park and then drained the grey.  All I did to the hose before storing it was, at most, run a little fresh through it, hold the end up high to let it drain and stow it.  I never wore plastic gloves because I never needed them.  If I got a few drops on my hands, well I washed after doing this chore anyway and I didn't visit during a dump adventure and there was no need for shaking hands to be a concern. Wink

A macerator seems a good idea but I can imagine going years before actually using it....still. Smiley  CHEWING up your poopy and circulating it back into the black tank before dumping through a 3 inch hose?  Now that was inspired by Stephan King. Tongue Grin Grin Sorry, couldn't resist.

The more spendy drain pipe lasts a lot longer than the cheepy blue item.  The blues never lasted more than a year.  Bad part was that you only discovered you had holes when you need to use the darn thing so after 5 years I switched to the spendy grey hose made of thicker rubber.

Good luck here now to all.  And KIS is the motto.  This ain't deep and better never be Wink Cheesy

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: