Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:33:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window screens  (Read 1211 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:07:43 AM »

The MC5a has the original bus windows.  The PO had them set up so that one panel on each frame still slides open.  They are fne eith me except that they do not have screens.  I probably could improvise something to screen that section on the inside, but was wondering if there are any pre-made systems that would do it short of installing new windows.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:35:33 AM »

I don't know of any PRE-MADE that are available. You could make some using aluminum extrusion similar to that used for house window screens or an easier way would be to install some velcro around the window opening and attach the other half of the velcro to some screen material.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
christopher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »

lin
you could by the screen framing material at home depot or lowes.
Chris
Damn Yankee

Bob Shafer 1965 Mci-5A-6029 8v71 auto

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:06:06 AM »

I have the original windows in my 5a also but sliding the windows open for ventilation just doesn't do the job for me. Instead I open the escape bar and prop it open like a huge awning window. Rain or shine you have lots of air. Bugs seem to be less of a problem using the window this way. As far as screens go I'd get some screen material, go to the sewing store and get some fairly heavy border material and while there ask if they know someone that does sewing work or check the newspaper. There's always someone around that does it. Make a pattern maybe 3/4 inch larger than the window opening. Sew the border around the edge of the screen, sew maybe 10-15 small pieces of velcro around the border, then attach other side of velcro to the wall around the edge of the window opening. This is the way I would do it. Cheap, easy and no frames. Roll them up and throw them in a drawer or cabinet.

Bob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: