Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 04:29:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Need to see if enough people would enjoy this to make it worth doing it?
Definetly
probably
maybe
maybe, but doubtful

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many would be interested in a Western Tennessee Getogther?  (Read 4556 times)
Dallas

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 05:24:18 PM »

Dallas for you my friend if you wish I'll leave the porch light on on my 1965 Travel Trailer! It ain't no castle, but I've called it home more than once! BK

Bryce,
That makes it even more coolererer!!!
We've stayed in worse places....
Like our Cabover Cornbinder in the TA truckstop in Downtown Nashville!

We tell people all the time that we aren't trailer trash, we're bus trash!

thanks for the invite. We have to see if Cat can get time off work before we can make plans.

Dallas
Steve102C3

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 08:21:10 PM »

I'd love to be able to attend.

I'm in SW Arkansas, so it's not far for me.

Can't make any promises this early, though.

Post details when they're available and I'll check the calendar.

Steve

Steve
1989 MCI 102C3
SW Arkansas
TomNPat

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »

Bryce,

We're headed for High Point, NC for Thanksgiving/Christmas.  We're not asking for you to make the date coincide, that wouldn't be fair.

But we may be the only California bus there if you choose mid November!  But remember, we're from rural California!!

TomNPat
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 02:13:58 AM »

TomNPat,
It'd be cool to have you come and stay with us on your way, it doesn't matter if it's for the party or not. Your welcome to stop in on the way regardless when! BK
Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Shocked We gonna have a Bus Party!  We Gonna have a Bus Party! Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy Smiley Shocked

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NCbob

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 04:19:23 AM »

BK, Jackie and I will be heading south for Dallas' and Cat's hoedown and had planned to go to Central FL from there for the winter.

You really know how to tempt a guy don't ya?  Roll Eyes  Driving back NW, like Dallas sez, 695 miles to then turn around and drive back south to FL probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to normal people...but what the heck...we've got a bus and we're NUTS!  Besides, I've had skinny legs all my life....it'd be nice to have one a little larger than normal! Grin

We'll sure try and make it.

NCbob
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21:39 AM »

Busted, you should contact Christy Hicks and see what she's doing with a bus gether tentatively scheduled for the 2nd weekend in October.   Still, you and Christy are a good bit of milage apart...she's in OK.  Had a bus "Roundup" in Joplin, MO last year...planning a similar event based on where the interest lies.   
There's also a Branson, MO Eagle bash the first weekend  in October.   
And Dallas is doing Timmonsville the first weekend in October. 
I'd love to come out that way, but.....$$$ for #@& fuel becomes an issue.   We're staying relatively close to home this year.  Seem to be driving more, just not all that far in one trip.   Found there's plenty to do within a couple hundred miles from home.
Really would like to get down to Arcadia this year too...reckon that's about 500 miles...maybe a fuzz less than western TN.  Nashville's 450 miles from Charlotte.   
Good luck, regional get togethers are the way to go.  If fuel costs don't ease, they'll be the only thing.   I believe fuel prices will come down. 
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »

By that time our bus may have enough parts to make the trip - either way, we will be there!  We live in Middle TN.

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
NEO/Russ
NEO/Russ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »

We live in the Nashville area and if it's a free time between work and Pat's dog showing we'd be there.  Unfortunatly not in our bus, but our TT will keep us warm (hugging still works, but after 22 years together the propane is faster).

NEO/Russ

'81 Neoplan Skyliner (Double Decker) - under construction
291 Keystone Zeppelin TT

Well no longer a bus nut, but over the years I learned a lot here and still come back to see what I can apply to the conversion of my KW T2000 for hauling my Teton fifth wheeler.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:54 AM »

BK, Jackie and I will be heading south for Dallas' and Cat's hoedown and had planned to go to Central FL from there for the winter.

You really know how to tempt a guy don't ya?  Roll Eyes  Driving back NW, like Dallas sez, 695 miles to then turn around and drive back south to FL probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to normal people...but what the heck...we've got a bus and we're NUTS!  Besides, I've had skinny legs all my life....it'd be nice to have one a little larger than normal! Grin

We'll sure try and make it.

NCbob

NCbob, I  Roll Eyes Cool Shocked understand the mileage thingy, and I understand peoples got other things goin' on. So if it works out where ya can make it we'll leave a liht on for ya!! I'm gonna set up  poll to see when's the best time for "the most" be sure to vote! BK
Smiley Cheesy Grin Grin We gonna Party at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's! Roll Eyes Cool Shocked[/b]

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »

Busted, you should contact Christy Hicks and see what she's doing with a bus gether tentatively scheduled for the 2nd weekend in October.   Still, you and Christy are a good bit of milage apart...she's in OK.  Had a bus "Roundup" in Joplin, MO last year...planning a similar event based on where the interest lies.   
There's also a Branson, MO Eagle bash the first weekend  in October.   
And Dallas is doing Timmonsville the first weekend in October. 
I'd love to come out that way, but.....$$$ for #@& fuel becomes an issue.   We're staying relatively close to home this year.  Seem to be driving more, just not all that far in one trip.   Found there's plenty to do within a couple hundred miles from home.
Really would like to get down to Arcadia this year too...reckon that's about 500 miles...maybe a fuzz less than western TN.  Nashville's 450 miles from Charlotte.   
Good luck, regional get togethers are the way to go.  If fuel costs don't ease, they'll be the only thing.   I believe fuel prices will come down. 
Cheers, JR

JR thanks for the info, and we know exactly what ya mean about fuel prices! We'd love to have ya! BK
Shocked Grin Smiley The "TN Fall Bus Bash" is gonna be at Knuckle's Roll Eyes Cool Cheesy [/b]

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 09:54:10 AM »

By that time our bus may have enough parts to make the trip - either way, we will be there!  We live in Middle TN.

Danny

Danny I been wonder'n if you was gonna make it! Hey don't worry about how finished the bus is come on over an have a good time get ideas, help, and have FUN at Knuckle's "TN Fall Bus Bash" That's what it's all about! BK
Smiley Wink Cheesy The "TN Fall Bus Bash" is gonna be a Blast at Knuckle's  Grin Shocked Cool Roll Eyes

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 10:00:12 AM »

We live in the Nashville area and if it's a free time between work and Pat's dog showing we'd be there.  Unfortunatly not in our bus, but our TT will keep us warm (hugging still works, but after 22 years together the propane is faster).

NEO/Russ Smiley Wink Cheesy We's gonna have a Blast at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's! Come on Everybody have a Blast at Knuckle's "TN Fall Bus Bash" Roll Eyes Cool Shocked Grin

'81 Neoplan Skyliner (Double Decker) - under construction
291 Keystone Zeppelin TT

Russ bring the Zepplin and come on over! BK  Smiley Wink Cheesy We's gonna have a Blast at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's! Come on Everybody have a Blast at Knuckle's "TN Fall Bus Bash" Roll Eyes Cool Shocked Grin[/b]

www.kylakesidetravel.net

El-Sonador

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:13 PM »

Hey Bryce...

You may want to include a hands-on workshop with that Bus Get-together you have planned and maybe schedule shop time for those that want to do some work on their coaches while they are there.

You and your place are well suited for those that are more interested in the inner workings of buses in addition to the usual party type bus get-togethers. Maybe give an informal seminar covering the various components and systems on buses and a little preventative maintenance, done right, goes a long way in keeping us on-the-road!

Your expertise and your shop could be very useful for both newbie's and old timer bus nuts. What they would learn would more than make up for the cost in fuel to get to your place in TN. Would be well worth it. Just a thought...

As you know, my bus is in good shape and dosen't require work, but I for one will be there to get that automatic kneeling system installed on my levellers and a set of Cross-Fires for my drive wheels. Maybe even convert all my lighting to LED's... I love those toys.  Plus I want to see if we can coax that catfish out of your pond. lol  Grin Grin Grin

Steve

PS... Have you been to your new web site yet BK... Need more info to fill up the other pages. I hope you don't mind that I embellished a we bit on the photo of your shop... lol   Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:24:05 PM by El Soñador™ » Logged
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »

Hey Bryce...

You may want to include a hands-on workshop with that Bus Get-together you have planned and maybe schedule shop time for those that want to do some work on their coaches while they are there.

You and your place are well suited for those that are more interested in the inner workings of buses in addition to the usual party type bus get-togethers. Maybe give an informal seminar covering the various components and systems on buses and a little preventative maintenance, done right, goes a long way in keeping us on-the-road!

Your expertise and your shop could be very useful for both newbie's and old timer bus nuts. What they would learn would more than make up for the cost in fuel to get to your place in TN. Would be well worth it. Just a thought...

As you know, my bus is in good shape and dosen't require work, but I for one will be there to get that automatic kneeling system installed on my levellers and a set of Cross-Fires for my drive wheels. Maybe even convert all my lighting to LED's... I love those toys.  Plus I want to see if we can coax that catfish out of your pond. lol  Grin Grin Grin

Steve

PS... Have you been to your new web site yet BK... Need more info to fill up the other pages. I hope you don't mind that I embellished a we bit on the photo of your shop... lol   Grin Grin Grin

Steve, you are on the mark but still in neutral(LOL!) Check out my first post on this way at the top of page 1! I suggested it (no siminars, please) just as you'd put it to me while you were here, about scheduling a time for all to get 'm in the shop for a little service work, small peoject, just getting a good look , or etc. it's down in the second half of the post and I guess sorta go lost! But yes I agre that the shop time will be a high light of the week-nd getting a good look from the pit under neath is always something helpful (sometimes scarry, but still helpfull!)

I did get a look at the site and love it especially that new shop ya built for me! LOL! The asphalt around it is awsome! Ahh when I get home Friday AM I'll get in touch with you! On some ideas, changes, and etc.! BK

Smiley Wink Cheesy Gonna be a Blast at Knuckle's "TN Fall Bus Bash!"  Roll Eyes Cool Grin[/color]

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: