Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 10:33:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting pics  (Read 737 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »

To the board. Is there a way the board can increase the size of pics permited? I type sloooooow, If I try to attach a pic and it comes back to large I have to retype the message. Some of my pics come back to large and some will post. But I set my camera on the smallest setting. Does connection speed make some get rejected? Thanks  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:25 AM »

Tom,

The photos must be 128Kb or smaller. This has nothing to do with the viewable size of the picture, it is the size of the file. You can find the file size of your picture by right clicking on it and following the dropdown list to "Properties"

You can post pictures that are 72" X 108" if you want to, but the file size must be under the magic 128Kb size. This means that the larger the photo, the lower the resolution. The smaller the viewable size, the higher the resolution.

There are topics on the help board that will take you to places where you can resize your photos for posting.

Good Luck!

Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »

Hi Tom,

Dallas beat me to it Cheesy

But, to add to Dallas's responce, Always "copy/paste" if you think you may either time out or have a pick that's too large.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
skipn

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:20:58 AM »

Tom,

The bbs software can handle image sizes larger than 128k. It would appear that it was a management decision.
     Their call Smiley

A lot of times on lengthy/wordy posts I will use wordpad or notepad to write the text and then copy/paste the text.

YMMV

Skip

superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »

I use Image shack.
It gives you the option to post it in a lower Resolution..
they give you a few links to choose from, I try them in the :Preview" mode to see which one works..  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: