Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 27, 2014, 09:43:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a fuel supply problem?  (Read 858 times)
zimtok

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:04:09 AM »

I just stopped by my favorite fueling spot and there was a bag over the pump handle. OK I've seen this before when they are waiting on a shipment. I went down the street to my next available stop and the same thing. HHHMMMM, looked across the street at the other station and more bags on pumps.

I'm not desperate for fuel as I fill up every week so the tank rarely gets below 1/2 but it seems odd that 3 stations would have their deisel pumps baged off. Maybe they get their supply from the same depot here and there is a local shortage.

Anyone else seeing this in your area?

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:07:37 AM »

Zimtok, I see it more and more in my area (AZ) you will see a shortage because we are exporting our ULSD to the rest of the world that their refineries are still making the old fuel and haven't changed over yet.I read where Mexico will not start producing the ULSD till 2010 and they use as much diesel as the USA (so guess who pays)all of Alon and Citgo diesel fuel refined here is exported to other countries and I think economics play into it also mom and pop could fill their 10,000 tank not long ago for less than $10.000 now it's costing them over $45.000.00
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 08:19:49 AM by luvrbus » Logged
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »

I can't remember the last time I ever saw a station that was out of diesel fuel.  It just isn't a problem up in Minnesota that I am aware of.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »

No shortage in San Diego either, just fewer people driving

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: