Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 19, 2018, 05:15:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50-AMP  (Read 2825 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 02:29:47 PM »

Guess it's my turn again, Ed. Not knowing if your generator has a belt driven alternator or uses a charge winding in the generator end I really can't totally answer that aspect of your query.

As far as the Inverter is concerned when it sees 120VAC it is only trying to do its' job and that is to charge your lighting batteries. It doesn't know about another charging source or, from the info given, does it care.
Pretty much the same for the generator although if the gen/set charges from a battery charge winding it should be the weaker of the two and, not having a voltage regulator as an alternator would, should acquiesce to the greater charge rate.

A solution? The reason your ammeter (or voltmeter) is dancing around is because it has too many masters....
conflicting charge rates. You might consider switching the field circuit on your belt driven generator alternator which would take that charge source out of the equation when you need it to be so.

If I might add any further confusion to an otherwise interesting topic please let me know.

WTIC (with tongue in cheek)

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 02:50:11 PM »

Guess it's my turn again, Ed. Not knowing if your generator has a belt driven alternator or uses a charge winding in the generator end I really can't totally answer that aspect of your query.

If I might add any further confusion to an otherwise interesting topic please let me know.

WTIC (with tongue in cheek)

Bob

Thanks Bob,
I might just make 500 posts today.
I have a Magnum 4024 inverter, a Onan 7500 quiet diesel generator and NON belt alternator on bus engine.
I think I can shut off the charger at the inverter control panel in the future. Shocked

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: