Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 06:48:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generator Exhaust Stack  (Read 8814 times)
Dreamscape

« on: June 07, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »

Ladies and Gentleman,

After reading all the posts regarding generator exhaust fumes, I thought I should plan for one on ours. Before I get to the paint stage I was wondering what kind of bracket you installed on your coach for securing the upright pipe. Also what kind of piping did you use, single or double wall? Mine dumps on the driver side, in front of the drivers. I'm sure it must be pretty simple, just need ideas please. Pics would be nice too. Wink

Thanks,

Paul
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »

Hey Paul,

I was looking at the same subject not long ago.  The ones I saw that I like, had a small easy to move brace above the baggage compartment. Some used wire, or small chain.  I may have photo to send you.  However, they are on my puter, with is on the otherside of the bay and I want have it till Monday.

I'm sure someone will reply that actually has one by then.

Bill
Tampa Bay

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:26:11 AM »

Thanks Bill,

Monday is fine, I'm just bored sitting in a motel room in Phoenix AZ anyway.  Wink

Gives me too much time to think of what I want to do on Dreamscape. Grin

Hope all is well with you guys,

Paul
Blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:31:04 AM »

Paul I made a small tripod that sits on the ground right where the elbow comes off the generator pipe. it folds up pretty neat when not in use and holds the up-pipe stationary. This way there are no brackets, chains, bolts, etc.  protruding from the side of the coach.
Also in my case, I usually set it up before the bus has gone completely down. If you make the legs of the tripod where are sort of springy, it kind of makes it self adjusting! This works good on pavement or the ground, but usually on pavement I have full hookups and no generator!
I bought the stack which is really a mast from Radio Shack and it comes in 3 sections. I use two of them to get above the roof line. These also store in the bay very easy when taken apart!

BS
luvrbus

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:42:33 AM »

Paul, the way mine is made(my generator is in the front bay) I come  straight out have a long radius 90 bend run it down the side of the coach for 12 ft like the side pipes on hot rods.When I need it I undo 2 clamps swing it up I and have a bracket under the bus to hold it straight up and some chrome wire mesh that attaches to pipe with wing nuts so no one will get a burn.Advantage is it takes no storage space and easy to setup. the key is to get the 90 where it turn easy but not to much play.Any muffler shop can do this for you.Its under the bus as you know not where you can not see it anywhere expect the exhaust tip one other thing I use Victaulic coupling to make my brackets no nuts or bolts to worry with
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 09:28:30 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »

NOW! You come to Phoenix....LOL   Couldn't come while I was there...... Shocked

Anyway, the stacks I like, were always cool to the touch...  I know I took photos.  

Bill
Tampa Bay

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 08:49:37 AM »

Yea Bill every time he comes to Phoenix I am leaving no one comes to AZ in Jun,Jul, and Aug
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

Paul,

Where are you in Phoenix?   

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 09:08:06 AM »

Staying at Holiday Inn Express on University Dr.

One more question, can I run the exhaust in the same pipe with the exhaust from the Pro Heat?

Thanks to all for the comments so far. Good ideas everyone!

My exhaust currently runs from the front bay drivers side back to the drive axel, dropping down and out.

I have no control over where I go, most people avoid this area in the summer, don't blame them. It's gonna be another hot one. Cry

Paul
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 10:47:45 AM »

Paul,

If you have free time, go up and checkout Lake Pleasant.  It's about 10-15 miles North of Phoenix.  Look it up on the mapquest.
Go to the marina, have lunch.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Dreamscape

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »

Bill, which end of the Lake is it?

Nevermind...........Road Trip........Thanks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:00:55 AM by Dreamscape » Logged
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 11:06:26 AM »

Paul,

17 North to 74, go left, about 10 miles look for the signs to the marina.   I took the bus up there for the weekend once.  Was nice.  The floating marian has room for 600 boats.

Road trip,

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
luvrbus

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »

Paul who may or may not want to see it but the WALL is in Payson  this weekend about 1 1/2 hrs from you
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:28:21 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 01:47:15 PM »

Clifford, Not sure what the WALL is? Thought you were going to Texas today. Plans change?

Bill, Drove to the Marina, the restaurant is closed to the public, private only. Bummer. So I went and had a burger at some Western place that was on the way back. Oh well, nice drive. Lots of boats heading up there.

Only 99 today........But it's a dry heat, right?  Wink

Paul
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 01:59:16 PM »

The WALL is the VietNam War Memorial (traveling replica of the memorial in DC).  We saw it in Springfield, IL in May.  Very moving when you see the names of school mates & friends. 

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: