Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 12:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving the driver's heat...  (Read 2435 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »

I want to remove the bus heat and air from the bus - but leave the driver's heat and defroster.  What precautions should I be aware of in doing this.  I don't want to remove more than I should... Huh

Thanks
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 10:42:52 PM »

The main thing you want to do is to make sure the radiator lines are intact after you remove the big system.  I personally did this and used a ball valve to control the heat at the driver's seat and installed a toggle for the electric water pump in case it needed help.  But so far the engine water pump is enough to circulate the water through the lines just fine.   Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

Thanks Tom   Grin

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: