Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:16:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motor cooling tips....  (Read 7620 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

Man.......... This is what i LOVE about this board!!!! Thanx Tom. I was unaware that the trany needed to be warm and that it would make a difference. I guess there may be someone who "might" have a difference of opinion, but either way, it's cool to know. I appreciate it.

I was also thinking........ (I know....  :oscarey Shocked) But, is it possible that the air to oil cooler you installed (between the shell cooler and the radiator- if I understand right) could actually help in cooling down the radiator?? Not that that would be a reason to do it, but it seems like it could on paper, if the air to oil cooler was big enough..........not? Just thinkin.........

Ok, now I'm back to an addition as opposed to a "swap".  Grin

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »

Chaz,
   Our setup is the fluid coming from the transmission to the aux (oil to air) cooler, then to the OEM (oil to water) cooler, then returns to transmission. If the fluid is cooler than the water, it is heated by the water.
    Theoretically, if the fluid is cooler than the water, it would remove heat from the water, helping to cool the engine.  This is theory only, however, we have found that all temps (transmission fluid, water, and engine oil) run about 5-10 degrees cooler with our setup.  YMMV  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: