Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 08:58:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Won't Start - Solved!  (Read 6847 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 04:30:05 PM »

Well David, I wasn't much help to you on this subject but I'm glad ya got it solved! Good to hear it ws a silly little thing, easy to rememidy also! BK
Smiley Wink Cheesy We gonna Party at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's  Roll Eyes Cool Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
El-Sonador

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »

yipeeeeeeee
gus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 06:16:12 PM »

David,

Glad you found the problem, I know very well the feeling.

In my case it wasn't the emergency switch but the mechanic's switch at the rear that I accidentally hit-got the same results!

I've never used my emergency shutoff switch but need to test it  (with the engine off).

I'm going to put a switch guard on mine because it is dangerously close to the reversing switch-a really bad location.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 02:35:40 PM by gusc » Logged

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
littlehouse

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »

david
so glad it worked, wish i had remembered sooner, but beleave it or not it was my better half who said "remember how frustrated
you were when that happened to you" so she gets all the credit. hope all your problems are that easey.
ray with the littlehouse some where south of seattle

I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!
NCbob

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »

So happy to find that it wasn't anything major.  Your quandry brought the Emergency air shutdown to mind when you first wrote because some years ago, when I was running boats, one of the Boss' kids simply couldn't resist pulling that pretty chrome Tee handle on the side of the helm while he was playing "Captain".  Sad

It liked to have drove me nuts trying to figure out why one engine wouldn't start when it was time to leave.  Fortunately the look on his face (brought be immediately back to my mischievious youth) caused me to go to the engine room and check the damper first.

All's well that ends well! Wink
Dallas

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 02:47:06 AM »

Glad to hear you got it figured out Dave!

Now you can get the old girl out and drive her around ..... like down this way or up toward Nick and Bruces get together in Delaware!

Dallas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 05:25:04 AM »

NOW I reckon you'll have that bus at Timmonsville??? Your only excuse for not bringing it has been resolved. Wink
Don't it feel good once problem's sorted out, and look at how much knowledge you walk away with from these sorts of events.
Take the bus out for some exercise!
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 09:10:51 AM »

NOW I reckon you'll have that bus at Timmonsville???  Your only excuse for not bringing it has been resolved. Wink
Don't it feel good once problem's sorted out, and look at how much knowledge you walk away with from these sorts of events.
Take the bus out for some exercise!
Cheers, JR

That's right JR!
A tin tent is lots better than no tent, and every tin tent is better than any S&S...... mostly.
Besides, a detroit doesn't like being hemmed in. They can't breath unless they can run free. Ask FF what happens to a DD that sits. Bad things, corrosion, rust, mouse houses, mould mildew, black stuff in the tank, just to mention a few.
If nothing else bring her down for a weekend and you and I can go through lots of stuff to make her a better and happier coach all the way around.
Remember, there is a motel across the freeway and we do have some cabins.

Cat would like to have you down here and so would I.
We also have lots of people to intro duce you to.

Dallas

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: