Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 31, 2014, 03:20:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED lights AGAIN  (Read 4088 times)
Blacksheep

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »

You must of had the first led's that came out. My friend Manny did the back of his Eagle and they look awesome and he didn't spend near what you did!
BS
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »

LED's have come a long way in the last year or so.

I have experminted with them in th3e past and not been happy with what i got.  But i am happy with the one on the bus. 

I like the 2 X 6 ones that are flush mount.  I have some of them that are 3 wire (Ground - bights - dim) and they work good too. I might put them on the sides of it since it does not have any lights on the sides other than the ones on the top in front and back.

I have found some 2 X 6 that are clear for back up lights and they work good too.   

Then I still have some of the old round style that i am not sure what I will do with yet.  Maybe a trailer, or old truck.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
luvrbus

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 03:24:18 PM »

Ace, if he got the complete package from Silver Eagle with the clearance ,backup, tail ,turn signal, and stop lite for the front and back he paid over 600 plus shipping and Sliver Eagle is the only one that has the units but look at the lights from the side angle they have no side light and some states require that it lights like OEM.
Blacksheep

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »

Wrong! I didn't say he got them from silver eagle! He got sealed led's that fit his lenses and he made them work. They shine in ALL direction from what I remember. Let me also say sometimes you have to think outside the box and improvise especially when mfgr's think you need them and only them! And as far as IBP? They must cater to the million dollar guys to stay in business with the prices they quote. I can buy a lot of fuel or even attempt to make what they offer (maybe not quite as good) but decent enough for my old 1992 coach to satisfy me!
BS
luvrbus

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »

Ace, I don't buy from IBP I got a set of Leds from that place a few years back and all they did was cut the back out and silicone some LED strips in the sealed lights.I got my info about the Sliver Eagle lights off a post Manny posted about them fwiw but he did what I wanted to do but like you I needed new lights because of the scratches and dull appearance  but Craig is working on the side light problem with the manufacture when that's over with I will have a set.The H3 41 I have is equipped with LED'S and those H series look sharp at night with LED all the way around
Blacksheep

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »

Didn't know you had a H3! How ab out some pics?

BS
luvrbus

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »

Sure do a 1998 with s 60s and B500 transmission I bought for resale and as soon as Mike Wilson is finished with the paint and fiberglass repairs I will Email you some pictures
Blacksheep

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »

Just received confirmation that my NEW all clear LED b/u lights have been shipped! The good thing is now they will match the other stop/tail/turn lights I recently purchased!

Maybe by next week, they will be installed too! Smiley

Here are pics of the lights I got!

BS

Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »

My C3 had been changed over by the co in NJ that owned it. He said every time he went out a marker light seemed to go out and NJ DOT loved writing 75 dollar tickets. They used the replacements from MCI and it was about 1,500 for all. One of my rear taillights went out but the brake side still worked. MCI wanted over 150 for one. My upper 3rd brake light was just wired on the brake side so I lucked out and switched. I thought the had longer life than that. That is the major reason for change, however they are bright and look great.Back to the original su8bject my back up lights are regular bulbs because MCI doesn't have them.
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »

The MCI replacement
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 03:39:35 PM »

Muddog,
  Did you find anybody to do what you wanted? Let me know. I may be able to help.
   Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 08:56:44 AM »

I replaced my 7" round lights with 4 7" round LED's that are tremendously brighter.  The only problem I had was when I hooked up my King Cruise control.  The LED's take such little power, the King Cruise would not sense them, so I had to put a resistor to ground.  Then the King Cruise picked up the stop light and started to work.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Blacksheep

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 08:09:30 PM »

After recently receiving my NEW matching all clear back up LED lights I decided to make a mirror finish light panel to dress it up even a little further. Below is a pic of my first attempt. This panel will go on the Left rear and if it works as planned, I will attempt to do the Right rear the same way!

All 17 lights, 9 red (4 on each side and one in the middle), 4 amber turn (2 on each side) and 4 all clear back up ( 2 on each side) cost me a total of $530.00 which included shipping from Texas. The back up lights were the hold up as they had to be produced to match the 84 series I already had! At that cost, I don't think I did too awful bad! LOL

Just noticed in the pic that the upper right back up light is crooked. It only has one temp screw holding it in place but when installed it will fit nicely!

Also dis-regard the blue tape on the floor. Susan has been painting our new base boards and I warned her about getting paint on the new floor I installed! Smiley

BS
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:14:18 PM by Blacksheep » Logged
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »

Ace,

Very nice, I'm jealous!

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 04:50:34 AM »

Nice looking arrangement Ace, how does all of this seal against water leakage?  When I was playing in the garage with my LED's, they sure do get pretty bright. Have you wired these up yet?  The guy behind you will for sure see your intentions........he may even need sunglasses! Grin

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: