Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 02:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED lights AGAIN  (Read 4084 times)
Blacksheep

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 05:03:40 AM »

Yes I had them wired up and they are much brighter than incandescent's. As for water? Each light is completely sealed so that shouldn't be a problem but if a problem does occur, I always have duct tape! LOL
BS
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »

Ace, they look GREAT. I wanna see them for real. You did a lot of research and a bunch of work on the Stainless to make everything fit...and did a marvelous job.

And you opened the door for the rest of us for the back-up lights!  Wink

Great job guy...and thanks for keeping us plugged in.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »

You Gus looking for LED lights the Taillightking has a huge selection of LED lights it's where the hot rodders buy all the fancy stuff
www.taillightking.com prices are reasonable too
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

that looks nice.

Makes me want to hide mine.

Hope there is a bush I can back into at the gathering.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
Blacksheep

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 07:48:55 PM »

Thanks Bob and Bob! It was more waiting then it was researching although, I DID have to find WHO and WHEN they would make them for me!

Today, I went out and aired the bus up and tried them out. The running lights worked, then after releasing the parking brake, I hit the foot brake and the brake lights worked, and then the turn signals worked, and then the final test was the Back up lights. They worked VERY good. So good that they reflected off a barn that sits a 100 or so yards behind the bus. As you might see in the picture, the red lights are a little dim. I had them wired backwards but have since wired them correctly and the amber turn signal lights seem odd. It's the angle of my camera on my phone as I was trying to picture them while they were blinking ON. Not an easy task! LOL

All in all I am very pleased with the side I have complete. Now all I have to do is the drivers side!

True it's not a professional install but for a 92 coach and me, it works just great and it made it just a little modernized at that! LOL

So far, so good!

BS
Sojourner

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »

Great panel of Leds!

Now even the second driver following you can wear their dark sun glasses and still stop.

Good Job.

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »

Hi ACE,

Nice work with the LED's... Looks First Class!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 08:21:21 PM »

Ok, here is the scoop on Ace's LED lights. I went over tonight to check it out and let me tell you pictures don't do it justice. Those LEDs are awesome! They are bright in the day light and at night, man are they bright! They just look so good in the back of his Prevost especially all the chrome. He has done an excellent job, and for a great price.  Smiley   
Dreamscape

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 06:57:43 AM »

I think Ace should start making them up for resale, as he has so much time! Grin

Really Ace, a mighty fine job......Where's my sunglasses?.........

Paul
luvrbus

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 07:22:57 AM »

They do look good last night I left Flying J in New Orleans with 2 Hemphill Bros H-45 VIP that had were LED with the Whelen populated arrow turn signals a awesome sight when changing lanes.I hope Ace has good luck with the Bargman Leds most of their products are not very good quality
Dreamscape

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »

My only concern with LED'S is that on most vehicles I see them on one or more lights are burned out, cars, trucks and busses. I guess they will improve with time. On our 2006 Hyundi Azera it has a mass of rear LED'S and when the brakes are applied it is very bright. Well one is burned out. I hope Ace has better luck with his.

Paul
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: