Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 01:12:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to subscribe and order back issues  (Read 3192 times)
John336

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2008, 05:35:13 AM »

Is there anyway to subscribe and order back issues without using the web order form. The web order form is not secure and I won't put our credit card on it. To be secure the form must have https at the top, and the programmers used only http. Therefore, someone can harvest the credit cards from orders placed through this website.

We do website programming and that is why I know it isn't secure.

I called and left a message and there was no return call. I think it has been two weeks without a return phone call.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Steve
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:01:06 AM »

I've never done it this way but on the subscription form it states:

To Order Off-line you may print this form out and mail or fax it with payment to: 
MAK Publishing 7246 Garden Grove Blvd. Westminster, CA92683

It also lists the phone numbers:
Phone (714) 799-0062 Fax (714) 799-0042

I will bring your post to Phil's attention.  You are correct, any page handling card information should be secured.

hth
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:31:47 AM »

Is there anyway to subscribe and order back issues without using the web order form. The web order form is not secure and I won't put our credit card on it. To be secure the form must have https at the top, and the programmers used only http. Therefore, someone can harvest the credit cards from orders placed through this website.

We do website programming and that is why I know it isn't secure.

I called and left a message and there was no return call. I think it has been two weeks without a return phone call.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Steve

Steve, occasionally someone on the board will offer a selection of back issues that they no longer want.Might give it a few days and see if anyone wants to give up their collection.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:33:26 AM »

John336,

I have some older copies that you might be able to talk me out of. Not sure were you live, but if you are in the Dennison TX area Sep. 11-14, TBR 2008 Bus gathering, I could bring them. They were given to me so I think it's only fair I do the same to another bus nut. I'm going to bring them with us and give them away to first come first serve, and I have a bunch of them.

Paul
John336

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 07:48:52 PM »

We finally were able to place a phone order. So at least that is in the works now.

Paul,

I would love to get your back issues but we aren't going to be in Texas. I would pay for them to be shipped. However, that would involve some degree of inconvenience on your part and so would understand if you didn't want to do that.

Steve
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 05:15:06 AM »

Steve,

Are you anywhere near Maryland? We are moving and I have a number of back issues I will give you if you can pick them up.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: