Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 11:25:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update (weak)  (Read 880 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2006, 05:34:44 PM »

Hello Brill46 (and the rest)!

Iím very glad to meet another present Brill owner here!
And, your coach is beautiful! I just hope to get a tenth of what you have.

I think we have the same engine, as I'm seeing too many plug wires for a 6-cyl (but that's what it is).
 Iíll be more in contact with you once Iíve pressure-washed it and put a battery in. Hopefully, you might have a lead as to where I can get a rear roof marker lamp lens and possibly other parts Iím not aware of yet-

Youíve already answered a few questions Iíd had with just your description. Very informativeóThank you.

I decided to give an update so folks here didn't think I was a "jump-and-run" type poster.
There's nothing much to report, but here's the update-

I have another week before mine is sitting in my drive. Iím so looking forward to it.

I went with the hauler to get it today.
All the tires were upójust sunk in the ground! One rear tire was low and it held with air.

He decided not to use the wrecker he brought (gas job) and plans to use his diesel rig.
But, the main reason for not getting it today was he felt he needed a longer chain from the back of his truck to stretch under the bottom of the Brill, aways. He feels the rear section of the bus might get damaged because there isnít much of a frame in the back.
 It has to be pulled out of the yard from the rear, then re-hooked up in front for the long -haul home.

He really likes it too, and doesnít want to damage it in any way (a thoughtful chap-).

I plan on documenting the haul homeófor a few different reasons-

1. Just because Iíd like to keep it as a record
2. If anything happens, it will be additional visual proof
3. If anything goes wrong, I can use it to help solve any mysteries or use it as a guide for the next time.
4. Iíll be following the hauler, and heís going to give a hand with any issue, which might arise from the delivery of such an old piece, so'll I can take "road-shots" of the trip.

Also, Iíll have a full array of my own tools along with whatever the hauler has, including extra air hoses and extra impact wrenches.

I'll keep all updated and post new pics when it's home, or on the way.

Cheers..

Mind the gap!

Mind the Gap!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 06:01:25 PM »

Hey Brill-O,
Glad to see the update! I'm glad the "Hauler" didn't wanna take chances tearing it up. Personally the only way I'd tow it is on a Landoll or such, but that's not to say it can't be done safely any other way. Jest my personally picky choice, as over the last 28 yrs I've been around wreckers what you never would've expected to happen does, and it's usually expensive to fix what could've been avoided in the first place! (I know this from first hand personal experiences!LOL Trust me nobody ever tries to tear something on purpose!) Any way good luck and keep us posted! BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
46Brillbus

1946 ACF Brill

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 06:55:43 PM »

Glad to know you are still working on getting the Brill home. From the photographs you posted you have a lot to work with and it will be worth all the effort. The front hooks you mentioned on your bus are there for towing purposes...they are massive and bolted to the front frame rails. I have all the manuals for the bus and the engine and will gladly make copies for you if needed.The email I posted in my profile is a mobile address so even if we are back on the road we can easily be reached. And believe me there are a lot of parts out there for these old busses.
Thank you for your kind remarks about Frieda Roam, we appreciate it. I will look forward to hearing from you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: