Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 03:09:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another ebay find for a prospective Nut  (Read 895 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Vehicles-Trailers___1989-40-NEOPLAN-Bus-Conversion-Updated-08-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ170231234890QQddnZOtherQ20VehiclesQ20Q26Q20TrailersQQddiZ2828QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170231234890&
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »

This one doesn't pass the smell test for me.  He starts out claiming to be the converter and then later claims to be a dealer.  My guess is he's one or the other, not both.  If so why lie about it?

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »

Chance that he is an RV dealer who is a busnut, there are a few around who don;t drive what they sell...LOL

Also could be the description is from the owner and the dealer is ebaying it for him.

I didn't see any contradiction in the description
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:56:17 PM »

Chance that he is an RV dealer who is a busnut, there are a few around who don;t drive what they sell...LOL

Also could be the description is from the owner and the dealer is ebaying it for him.

I didn't see any contradiction in the description

That's the way I read it.  The owner/converter is probably selling it through a consignment RV seller.  At first e-glance, it looks like a pretty good find for someone who doesn't want to do all the "grunt work" of converting.

Half way through the auction there are 23 bids taking it up to $15K, it will be interesting to see what bidding goes up to.  Have to say, it took nerve to post it with no reserve in this market.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »

The layout is interesting with the basement bathroom.  It looks like one must enter it from the outside though.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »

The bathroom has a stairway from the inside or can be entered directly from the outside through the rear/middle door.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »

European coaches are required to have an alternative exit for use by passengers if (when) the front doorway is rendered impassable by an accident or other emergency. On my bus the emergency exit is right at the back, but it's quite common to have a middle exit where the same stairway also provides access to the toilet and often a downstairs sleeping compartment for the relief driver. Such an arrangement provides some interesting possibilities in a conversion too.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: