Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air system question  (Read 3813 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 10:28:42 AM »

Buswarrior,
     I do not have the book with me at the moment, but when I looked at it, I thought that it showed the gauge tied in with the main system.  The dash gauge comes up only after the main system has 100 psi and drops to zero even while the main system stays at 85 psi.  I have not traced it out to see if it was re-plumbed differently from the design, but will do it soon.  The logical speculation is that it is attached to the accessory tank.  The learning process is somewhat slow and haphazard.  There are issues that seem obvious to me now that I never conceived of when starting the project.  If that were not the case, I probably would have bought a different bus.  This issue is an example.  Anyway, for the moment, it seems that I can drive the bus since, when the dash gauge show 120psi, I know that the system is also at 120 psi.  This is not to say the air system should not be made whole again, but that I do not feel it is unsafe to drive.  I hope I did not give the impression I was driving it on faith with no air pressure reading.  I only do that with fuel.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 07:12:19 PM »

Keep up the good work.

We'll be here when the time comes...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »

Find the air leak, make the repair.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: